5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone fabricated a support to allow passing long items thru the rear slider into the cab?

MarkD

Reaction score
I have always used the rear slider to pass long items into the cab for transport. In the old days, the lower window seals were stronger to allow for this. (for as often as I did it with as much weight, they had held up) Well, in looking at the new windows, I don't think that I want to rest anything on these frames. Has anyone fabricated anything like a support that would hook into the bed serve as a "shelf" for items?

Thanks,

Mark

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure you could fab up something to fit in the front stake pockets and run across just behind and above the sill. I always stick my fishing rods out the back window, never thought of using it for heavier items.

jessed1

Reaction score
Not sure what you want to transport, but why not purchase a hitch extender? I recently purchased one and it gives my bed about 10'. I have not tried it yet, but it should work (in theory and wobbliness aside).

MarkD

Reaction score
It folds down with the center seatback. ...at least it does on my '20 Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread