5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever......

Kramersp

Reaction score
Ordered a truck through a dealer, no deposit, and then when it arrives they sold it to someone else because they offered more money?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a truck through a dealer, no deposit, and then when it arrives they sold it to someone else because they offered more money?

My mom had that happen to her in 1984 with a trans am...Dealer keep saying it hadn't come in and finally after 3 weeks fessed up...needless to say went to another dealer and didn't do business with them ever again

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, my original 16' was Rambox with dual climate and nav... until another salesman sold it because I only had a handshake with my guy. Had to settle for a lesser equiped Rebel because I didn't have time to wait. It wasn't a factory order though, it was on the lot, then my guy had to find a dealer trade I was willing to buy.

D

Deleted member 85

Yep, my original 16' was Rambox with dual climate and nav... until another salesman sold it because I only had a handshake with my guy. Had to settle for a lesser equiped Rebel because I didn't have time to wait. It wasn't a factory order though, it was on the lot, then my guy had to find a dealer trade I was willing to buy.
Wow.

I will say, kind of "Gentleman's Rule" for salesmen is a deposit is law. Unfortunately it is commonplace for salesmen to lie to each other about a unit being "sold" when they have a prospective client on it. No deposit, no deal.

I personally once put a deposit on a vehicle for one of my clients that I knew was 100% serious so it wouldn't be sold out from under me.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow.

I will say, kind of "Gentleman's Rule" for salesmen is a deposit is law. Unfortunately it is commonplace for salesmen to lie to each other about a unit being "sold" when they have a prospective client on it. No deposit, no deal.

I personally once put a deposit on a vehicle for one of my clients that I knew was 100% serious so it wouldn't be sold out from under me.
Thats a classy move. My commercial salesman is a fast mover, but doesn't play politics very well. He since made up for it in various ways.

Phiefer

Reaction score
Never had it happen to me and I offen order my vehicles with nothing down.

That is a risk we run without binding our purchase with money.

I trust my dealer, but if he would sell my truck out from under me, I would never buy another vehicle from him.

It will be interesting to see how my dual order plays out (Black ordered in May, similar Silver Limited ordered in July). Nothing down, dealer to give me first option on black truck. Prices agreed on with trade. I will most likely take the silver truck. Depends how long I can wait and what the status code is on the later order. Either way, dealer should get 1 nice 2019 Limited rambox to sell at or above market value.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Never had it happen to me and I offen order my vehicles with nothing down.

That is a risk we run without binding our purchase with money.

I trust my dealer, but if he would sell my truck out from under me, I would never buy another vehicle from him.

It will be interesting to see how my dual order plays out (Black ordered in May, similar Silver Limited ordered in July). Nothing down, dealer to give me first option on black truck. Prices agreed on with trade. I will most likely take the silver truck. Depends how long I can wait and what the status code is on the later order. Either way, dealer should get 1 nice 2019 Limited rambox to sell at or above market value.

Silver truck, of course... :D

Phiefer

Reaction score
Go do the paperwork if you are nervous. The truck can be bought and contracted the minute it is invoiced and in KZ status. Once you have signed up, there is really no way they should be selling it to someone else...
Good point
Not nervous yet, but I will keep the option open

Users who are viewing this thread