5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Dirtfreak

Reaction score
Before if you went to Rams build and price page and priced out a Laramie with the Night Edition it came with black running boards.
Now if you go and price a Ram Laramie with the Night Edition it does not come with the running boards, I wounder why?

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think they are standard on the Laramie, you can add either the electric steps or the stationary ones as an option.

Grouper

Reaction score
Before if you went to Rams build and price page and priced out a Laramie with the Night Edition it came with black running boards.
Now if you go and price a Ram Laramie with the Black Edition it does not come with the running boards, I wounder why?
I assume in your second sentence, you meant Night Edition, where you wrote Black Edition?

If so, you are correct. The Laramie Night Edition used to include steps. It was listed in much of the initial PR, such as this article.

The basic difference between the Big Horn NE and the Laramie NE, when initially announced, was that the Big Horn had 20" wheels and no included steps while the Laramie had 22" wheels and steps included.

Good catch. I have no idea why it changed.

Users who are viewing this thread