5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anybody installed a Under-Hood Lamp kit?

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got a big horn back country and it doesn't have an under hood light. Are they pre wired from the factory? Thanks a million for your time and help!

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are not pre wired, my Limited doesn't have one either so I guess we should ask if there's a good 3rd party kit for this.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was one of the disappointments I originally had with my Limited, which I love, but couldn't understand why they would discontinue it. I like the idea of two lights as I'd place one to directly shine on the dip stick.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered one of these and will keep it in my truck, and will be used for many other tasks where lots of light is needed.
LightbarPro_3qtr_Off_01416839-7907-4d14-83e0-2d4376c5628a.jpg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not pre-wired for lights. I was surprised to see they removed the light when they designed the 5th gens. Even the 4th gen Tradesman I used to own was pre-wired for the light that nearly all other models got.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered one of these and will keep it in my truck, and will be used for many other tasks where lots of light is needed.
View attachment 113502

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread