5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has any one tried Muzzy's AC Hack kit? Thoughts and advice.

Lawdog13

Reaction score
So my AC in my RAM has been blowing warmer and warmer since i got it (2019) and i was going to take it next week to have the AC Recharged but i just say Muzzy's AC Hack and i was wondering if anyone has used it and had good/bad experiences with it and if it was hard to install.

Thanks in Advance, Any advice is appreciated.

V/r Jason

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had mine on for a year, no problems, easy install. There seemed to be a dab of glue holding on the "OUT" hose that needs to be removed so that took a little extra effort. AC blows 40-42 out of the left center stack, before it was 46-48

Ickabod

Reaction score
I have also had mine in for 1.5 years. It was an easy install and works great. I was getting 64 out of the driver's side before and after is went to 52.
I used this one, but you can also just purchase the items separately for a bit cheaper. I went with the convenience factor.

Lawdog13

Reaction score
Awesome, Thanks for the imput. I just ordered that kit so we will see how things go.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I made my own, but yea works great. If you have the A/C TSB done you won’t need it. Mines been removed since

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is this only a problem in the 2019/2020 models or is it still an on-going issue with new trucks as well?
I don’t think it’s still happening. There was an A/C redesign for 2021. It’s just dumb that after designing hvac for 75 years that FCA would screw that up. Big quality control problem there. Apparently it also applies to the rear window crack situation. Tisk tisk

Users who are viewing this thread