5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Kardon Speaker OHM value, 2ohm or 4ohm?

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
Are the HK speakers 2 ohm or 4 ohm? this is a very important question that I feel most of us need answered that have that system in our trucks, for the system to run right for the specific ohm speakers we choose, please advice, I have a order on hold and am going with either 4 ohm or 2 ohm with the info provided

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to HK, they are 4 ohm .. but @Bacoviah may be able to physically measure them since it sounds like he just removed his entire system back in November.

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
So I did some digging this morning and found the specs on most of the speakers in the HK system to be 4ohm (so that would make me tend to believe that they are all 4ohm), so with that being said, I should go with 4 ohm speakers to not overheat the AMP and not confuse the ANC if that is important to me, correct?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would .. I know that my Silverado Sub was a weird 3 ohm .. so I was looking into adding more to behind the rear seats and had to break out my Ohm's law from years ago LOL

Users who are viewing this thread