5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Kardon after update

campbell_81

Reaction score
Took my truck in for a list of issues, one of them in regards to how pathetic the Harmon Kardon system sounded. After they did an update on the radio, the system was finally woken up. Sounds like it should have been from the start. If you are disappointed in how the HK system sounds, just ask them to check for any TSB's related to the HK system, and you'll love what it sounds like after.

Still waiting to get the 12" uconnect system replaced from FCA, but its a bear to get them to approve the replacement. I've had no backup camera for a while now and no lane departure/auto high beam as well and they are certain it is all related to the uconnect system. I guess we will see...

Xmetal

Reaction score
Just picked up my Ram yesterday, has the HK system. I think it sounds pretty good, but curious what did you find deficient about it?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm adding that to my Check list as well!!

EDIT ::
September 18, 2018 - Flash: Amplifier Enhancement - # 08-123-18
- Apparently for the HK stereo (maybe only 12"). It at least makes the sound louder.

Tim N

Users who are viewing this thread