5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon/Kardon 19 speaker in MY 2022

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I don't know what RAM did to the software/EQ tuning in the MY22 w/ uConnect 5 and H/K sound system but HOLY COW is it much louder with a LOT more bass!! I love heavy bass in my music and there is so much of it in this truck I might actually have to turn it down just a little from maximum when streaming music from Amazon Music.

I couldn't believe how hard it was hitting today!!

(My ears are still ringing, 🤣🤣🤣)

Last edited:

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I wanted/ ordered HK for my 2022 and think it was worth the additional cost even though NAV was required that I didn’t want. I don’t need to play it that loud, but it sounds very crisp given the music selection I just ripped and put on an usb drive.

davemb

Reaction score
Anybody want to share their playlist to demonstrate the system?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody want to share their playlist to demonstrate the system?

Edit: keep in mind that you need to eliminate as many variables as possible when you’re testing audio, or you will not be getting true results. This is referring mostly to audio quality. Downloading whatever song to a phone/mp3 player and using it wired or using a cd is preferable. If you use an app and/or stream wirelessly, you are subject to network quality issues and audio compression/bitrate variability.

Last edited:

Johny777

Reaction score
Is this a recent update that I'm missing out on?? I picked up my 22 about 3-4 weeks ago, and honestly I'm very disappointed with the bass. The system sounds very crisp, and you can turn up very loud with no distortion but I feel like the bass is non existent at times.. My base 4th gen ST has MUCH better thump than these Harmon Kardon speakers. I guess I'll try connecting to a wifi and see if there are any updates available.

Gr8dane

Reaction score
What trim? Color? 10th anniversary
Sport, granite night edition, leather and sound/pano roof. Wanted to go limited but it was during a lockdown when i ordered and was told 12-16 weeks so i couldn't travel. Plus my dealer wanted like 93 or 94k canadian

RAMSTER@

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2022 Laramie - the HK system is kinda ear piercing imho. I've adjusted it but not really impressed. Seems like a lot of bass and heaps of treble. I'm ordering some speakers from crutchfield. Starting with the corner dash speakers.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited with H/K sounds good in highs and mids, but I'm seriously disappointed in the level of bass. I have the bass maxed in my EQ and it's still garbage. I wonder if there is an SW update that pumps the gain to the stock amps?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are other threads about the HK system. There seems to be a wide range of opinions on this , from almost non-existent bass, to too much, and boomy. The system in my 2021 sounds fantastic to me, but it depends on the music source I'm listening to. SXM isn't a good source to use when judging sound quality.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I too have the HK system in MY2022 . Using CD or Wav formatted music on a stick, when compared to the upgraded MY2011 506-Watt Alpine surround sound w/ 9 speakers & Subwoofer in my last Ram, the Alpine was really good. I’m still adjusting these HK stereo settings and find that the bass is more than what I like and have moved it in the minus direction. Still happy I chose this HK upgrade.

What I didn’t like, was that when selecting Laramie Level B group for HK, the NAV is included which I did not want but was forced to take.

My wife has a new 2022 Lexus RX350 and I think the HK stereo in my 2022 Ram sounds better than the Lexus.

wsutard1

Reaction score
If you don’t have bass coming from the HK system then something is wrong. It is very bass heavy, almost too much. The woofer isn’t the best in the world so certain bass notes feel “weird”. Some songs are just amazing, others muddled. All depends on the bass notes.
I personally like the sound from the Surround Sound better than non surround.
Anyone used to aftermarket systems will immediately tell that this is a OEM system. Although, it’s the best OEM system I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread