5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Customs Lighted Grille Badge

Kilroy

Reaction score
I would prefer a factory chrome look. I am working on my own as we speak. Could do RGB setup but right now just trying to figure out the best method to put these together.
Right now I am using 1/8" Clear plexiglass and cutting the letters ever so slightly larger than the original letters. If I could find a section of the grill to experiment with it would better than trying to tear mine apart for the project, but I have no other option at this point unless I can find a damaged grill at a scrapyard.
The Harmon ones are all 3D printed and the cost I am sure is due to all the prep work the guy has to do after the 3D print is done. Using the original letters would be a better solution in my opinion, as It appears that to get enough of a light silhouette he has to print the letter slightly smaller than the original ones. Glad I found this thread as I now have a closer shot of what the grill looks like with the letters removed.

Kilroy

Reaction score
I finally got my Harmon Customs grille badge last week. These are custom 3D printed, made to order and took 9 weeks. I had mine painted to match and chose white backlighting but they have many options. I like the way they look but they are flat and the stock lettering has a slight curve to them so they don't sit completely flush but it's not noticeable until you look right on them. Installing them was another story. Because of the grille shutters, there's no easy way to reach behind the grille to connect the wires. The grille needs to be removed or loosened significantly. I have another post on that ordeal. Well it's finally done and I can post some pics now.

View attachment 38142

View attachment 38143

How are the letters attached 3M tape? also were you able to do this without removing the grill? Did you break any of the tabs off with the original letters?

CNYRamGuy34

Reaction score
I emailed the guys at Harmon yesterday and they said they were aware of the gap in the letters. They also said they can make the letters with a curve to them to solve the problem. However it is a more time consuming and complicated process and would be a completely custom order and cost more than the standard letters. He said "some customers chose to inject RTV to fill the gap, but honestly in my opinion, it is not needed". They also said their standard letters sell out in minutes whenever they release a batch, so I doubt they would be interested in doing a group buy when they can't keep up with their current demand.

90Addict

Reaction score
Can anyone here that has the Harmon customs LED emblem installed do me a huge favor please? Can you measure the letter M in ram and lmk what it measures? Just the insert. Top/bottom left/right 04DC3087-5F71-4A3A-917A-48AAEE72FD91.jpeg 13E05D73-2997-435E-B295-DDE5C79C88CE.jpeg

90Addict

Reaction score
I want to get some made now after trying to go the cheap Amazon route lol. These things are going back!! EED19169-FAA4-4A56-8FF4-5E44C668EAE2.jpeg F3A1E8FF-13D6-46FC-8F85-275F3C14C672.jpeg 084B2ED8-DDC0-4877-88A7-97C5F53E4400.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread