5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon 19 speaker option

JJ_Rebel

Reaction score
So I have the rebel-12 package in my 2020 Rebel and the Harman Kardon premium sound system says "19 speakers", but i only count 12. What gives? Where are the other 7 speakers.
I've looked all over the internet and the only thing i can find on the subject is an article that says it has 19 speakers but then describes all 12 locations. :mad:

Heres a clip of the article:
"Crafted for true audiophiles, the available 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System headlines the list of available sound systems on the 2020 Ram 1500.
Boasting the most speakers in its class, the system offers a 360-degree surround-sound experience with three 3.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel, two 1-inch tweeters in the upper front doors, two 3.5-inch speakers in the rear headliner, four 6×9-inch woofers in the lower doors and a powerful 10-inch subwoofer located behind the rear seat."

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19 Speaker System
- 7 Unity speakers (3 in IP, 2 in upper front doors, 2 in rear headliner)
- 4 6x9” woofers (1 in each lower door)
- 10” enclosed subwoofer (Behind rear passenger seat)

They count drivers, not speaker locations. The 'Unity' speakers are 2-way and are therefore counted as 2/ea- (7 unity x 2) + 4 6"x9" door speakers + 1 sub = 19

JJ_Rebel

Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinking, just really didn't want to believe that's what they were calling "19 speakers".
I used to install stereos as a kid, never once did I tell a customer, after installing a pair of 3-way 6x9's, "I just installed 6 speakers in your ride" :p:ROFLMAO:
Thats a really lame trick, and kinda misleading.

STR

Reaction score
All vehicle brand do the same... Similar to measuring HP/TQ at the crankshaft as opposed to the rear wheels, which is about 22% less. Yes, misleading.

Users who are viewing this thread