5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harman Kardon equalizer settings?

vegasandre

Reaction score
So I have these 19 speakers that should be sounding excellent but.. besides the bass pumping...

1-- there are only really 4 settings- Bass mid Treble and surround Does anyone have the best settings for this dialed in? Most upgraded stereos in other cars have 6 or more possible stock settings at least...

2- is there a off market upgrade /app or software that has more equalizier settings and has preset settings for certain kinds of music (like other models frequently do)

thanks

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
The EQ is very basic. I had the bass turned up to max, treble one step down from max, and mid one setting up from neutral. Speed controlled volume on maximum. Surround Sound turned off. I believe this sounded pretty good on most kinds of music. I do wish the "Loudness slope" was more aggressive to boost the bass at low volumes. I've considered adding another sub to supplement the stock sub but my experience with my 2020 I traded is that the speakers seemed to be breaking in around 25,000 miles of driving because the dynamic range seemed to improve markedly at that point so I left it alone.....

Last edited:

ramhappy007

Reaction score
I will also add mine, after hours of fiddling with the eq in the new to me truck, this is the best I could come up with :)

Bass - +3
Treble - +3
Mid - +1
Surround Sound - Off
Speed adjusted volume - 1

Last edited:

Travis_Bickle

Reaction score
I listen to a wide range of styles (from extreme metal / punk to jazz), and my eq is -1 for bass, and mid; treble on 0. Jacking up the eq sounded pretty terrible at higher volume settings.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Bass +6 or +5 if I’m listening to something bass-heavy
Mid +3
Treble 0

Surround sound ON
Speed sensitive volume on 2

YMMV. In my opinion this HK system is great. I had a Genesis Coupe with factory Infinity with 8” subwoofer and this is far superior. My wife’s murano has a factory Bose system and it isn’t very good to me. Is the HK as refined and sharp as some of my aftermarket systems? No. But I didn’t have to speed hours and bloody knuckles installing it, and I have all of my under-seat storage. Things that are more important at 36 than they were at 19 ;)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm surprised looking at this thread.
I for the actual radio I use these
Bass -2
Mid -2
Treble +7

And on my phone I then use my own equalizer settings (the radio doesn't have multiple pre-sets per input which sucks) but it's similar except base is a little bit up, but mid still down and treble high.

The HK system is very bass heavy at least in my truck.

I think a LOT has to with what kind of music you listen to.
On rock\metal I can pump the base a bit, but any kind of rap the system struggles and distorts or sounds terrible.
I used to run a 500 wat subwoofer in my truck in the past so I don't mind base, but this system is kinda meh. The Kicker 500s in my 06 Mustang sounded better.

Users who are viewing this thread