5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardwiring Interior ambient lighting

kearnsc88

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased an OPT 7 Aura led kit for my 2020 Big horn, after installing all the lights and running the wires tucked away i attempted to hardwire into the interior fuse box with the fuse taps provided (3 diff sizes) and was not able to find any slot they would fit in. Does anyone have experience doing this? If so what size fuse tap did you use and which slot did you use? I want the lights to turn on when the truck is on and shut off when it is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The fuse tap you need is for micro2.
I'll try look for the fuse # i used for my ambient lights tomorrow...

kearnsc88

Reaction score
The fuse tap you need is for micro2.
I'll try look for the fuse # i used for my ambient lights tomorrow...
Ok thank you that was going to be my next guess to buy and try, if you can let me know which fuse you used to turn on and off with the truck whenever you get a chance thank you again!!you

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Ok thank you that was going to be my next guess to buy and try, if you can let me know which fuse you used to turn on and off with the truck whenever you get a chance thank you again!!you
Don't mind the red writing. You tap into the fuse circled in yellow

Attachments

• Under Dash Fuse Panel (9).jpg
    Under Dash Fuse Panel (9).jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 183

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I think you would have to use diodes to do that so your dome or courtesy lights wouldn't be on all the time.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased an OPT 7 Aura led kit for my 2020 Big horn, after installing all the lights and running the wires tucked away i attempted to hardwire into the interior fuse box with the fuse taps provided (3 diff sizes) and was not able to find any slot they would fit in. Does anyone have experience doing this? If so what size fuse tap did you use and which slot did you use? I want the lights to turn on when the truck is on and shut off when it is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Do you have pictures/video of the completed look? Can you also provide a link for what you bought? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread