5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Tonneau cover for MFG + Ram Boxes

dannydyn

Reaction score
For those with the Multi-function tailgate and Ram boxes, which hard tonneau cover did you go with? - preferably one that does not require you to lift the cover in order to close the gate(s).

TIA

dahknee

Reaction score
For those with the Multi-function tailgate and Ram boxes, which hard tonneau cover did you go with? - preferably one that does not require you to lift the cover in order to close the gate(s).

TIA
I went with the RetraxPro MX Tonneau Cover.

STR

Reaction score
Any more options? I’m also looking at the Extang Solid-Fold. I’d prefer a flush mount, but can’t find anything that will work w/the MFTG supports... or even the modified supports listed in another thread.

STR

Reaction score
I went to the Bakflip site, and it states that it will work with the multifunction Tailgate (MFTG) and Rambox, but not just the MFTG.
My Rebel doesn’t have the RamBox, only the MFTG. What do you have? Thx

zchamber

Reaction score
There are numerous threads which tackle the best cover for MFT only. I have MFT and Rambox so for me MX4 works (which is the same as the Mopar hard cover)

Apexcars

Reaction score
I have the Truxedo Sentry CT. I’m liking it so far. I wanted something that has a fabric cover so that I can lay my shotguns on it without scratching them or the cover. Also I didn’t want something that would get too hot to touch on Texas summer days.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have the rambox option, there's no difference in the bed between the MFT and standard tailgate. Any tonneau cover made for the rambox will work. The only consideration you need to be aware of is the rails that are in the bed. There are two different types, so you need the correct type for the cover you want to use.

Users who are viewing this thread