5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard tonneau cover for '21 with rambox

simpson

Reaction score
Looking for a hard cover for my new Ram with rambox. I do not have the bed utility group or the multi-function tailgate. I had a tri-fold from extang on my previous Ram and really liked it. However the last section (closest to cab) does not fold up so the bed space is limited. It appears that some others will fold up but I am confused with all the options. So any recommendations on what you have and like or don't like? Also - I do not currently have a bed liner or mat. How necessary is one or the other if I keep the cover on?

ManBearPigNJ

Reaction score
Looking for a hard cover for my new Ram with rambox. I do not have the bed utility group or the multi-function tailgate. I had a tri-fold from extang on my previous Ram and really liked it. However the last section (closest to cab) does not fold up so the bed space is limited. It appears that some others will fold up but I am confused with all the options. So any recommendations on what you have and like or don't like? Also - I do not currently have a bed liner or mat. How necessary is one or the other if I keep the cover on?

I have a ‘21 w the ram box. Installed bakflip4 this weekend. Was actually even easier than non rambox, it just slides in channels in the silver rails. It folds up against the back of the cab. If you have the rear view mirror camera it also doesn’t block that when folded up which is great.

Just double check that you have selected with rambox when ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zj4x4

Reaction score
Bakflip has the feature where the last section folds up. I used that on my 2013. I went with Lomax (OEM for Weathertech) and it has been better about keeping out water compared to my Bakflip, though they may have improved it since the one I had on my last truck.

As for bed liner, I always get that regardless of whether or not I have a cover to keep the bed from scratching.

Users who are viewing this thread