5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halos as Running Lights

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? I see plenty of Rams running around with just the halo’s illuminated, but my truck has the headlights on as running lights.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tazer DT, or a Bluetooth OBD II reader plus AlfaOBD (Android) or JScan (iOS) can do this.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? I see plenty of Rams running around with just the halo’s illuminated, but my truck has the headlights on as running lights.
If your truck was sold in the US, then go through your settings menu on radio and turn off DRLs.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your truck was sold in the US, then go through your settings menu on radio and turn off DRLs.
Really, that’s all it takes? I assumed, but never tested, that if you turned off DRLs, that also turned off the signature/halo lights. I suppose I should have tested that.

Oh well, at least with JScan (or Tazer, or Alfa) I was able to get the amber DRL.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really, that’s all it takes? I assumed, but never tested, that if you turned off DRLs, that also turned off the signature/halo lights. I suppose I should have tested that.

Oh well, at least with JScan (or Tazer, or Alfa) I was able to get the amber DRL.
The signature "halos" are not DRLs. They are their own circuit that come in with ignition.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Well that was the easiest advice I've gotten on here. My google search prior to posting here came up with nothing. Thanks!

TexMarQue

Reaction score

Do your amber DRLs turn off when the auto start/stop shuts the engine down? I've got the etorque, and they don't play nice when I'm using the Tazer DT.

Users who are viewing this thread