5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halogen Upgrade

JCR1500

Reaction score
I bought the Morimoto XB's from Headlight Revolution (they and The Retrofit Source have a special running until 2/28/21) and have had no issues. They have the same feel of the factory headlights, not a cheap feel at all. Bright, great cut-off line, sequential turn signal, and easy to adjust the vertical beam.
Hi Ironox, did you install the fusetap for the optional DRL function on those lights? My 2020 Bighorn has the function in the Uconnect to turn DRL on or off so I'm wondering if you have to wire up this feature of the Morimotos if it should come on when you plug the lights to the factory wiring hareness.

ironox

Reaction score
Hi Ironox, did you install the fusetap for the optional DRL function on those lights? My 2020 Bighorn has the function in the Uconnect to turn DRL on or off so I'm wondering if you have to wire up this feature of the Morimotos if it should come on when you plug the lights to the factory wiring hareness.
Never crossed my mind.

I did a test and the DLRs are always on, but in different states when the toggle is switched on/off.

The first pic shows the DLRs in the off position, obviously not off. The second pic show DRLs toggled on, it seems to turn the headlights on. The rear lights stay off.
053f0af33cb75ac11c1f28c16d9a6ccc.jpg
3e3425d879ef4876995410faff135225.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ironox

Reaction score
I spoke with Morimoto (Headlight Revolution), the DRLs are designed to come on with the ignition. I was told the DRLs could be turned off if a jump wire and switch were installed.

In other words they didn't take the UConnect DRL function into account.

mg0678

Reaction score
@ironox have you noticed the cutoff line bouncing (fluttering)? I have the Morimotos as well and notice my cutoff line slightly fluttering up and down. It's most noticeable when slowing down for a red light and you can see the cutoff line reflected in the car in front of you. It's almost like something is loose in the housing and it's happening to both sides.

I'm going to contact Headlight Revolution, where I bought them, but was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

ironox

Reaction score
@ironox have you noticed the cutoff line bouncing (fluttering)? I have the Morimotos as well and notice my cutoff line slightly fluttering up and down. It's most noticeable when slowing down for a red light and you can see the cutoff line reflected in the car in front of you. It's almost like something is loose in the housing and it's happening to both sides.

I'm going to contact Headlight Revolution, where I bought them, but was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue.
Maybe, it's hard to tell looking at the reflection of the vehicle in front of me since both vehicles are moving. Going over hard bumps I've noticed they move, but more of a hard movement in the cutoff rather than a flutter.

Please let us know what they say.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
I'm doing the halogen to LED upgrade on my low/high/fogs. Is the PWM for the low absolutely necessary? I can't fit the GTR assembly and the PWM into that housing.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I'm doing the halogen to LED upgrade on my low/high/fogs. Is the PWM for the low absolutely necessary? I can't fit the GTR assembly and the PWM into that housing.
According to HR they are necessary. It will all fit, unless for some odd reason your housing space is smaller than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread