5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halogen lights are ineffective?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my factory LEDs and very fortunate I was able to get them on my 2019 Bighorn while they were still an option. The light output is fantastic. That said, if one of them goes out, the whole assembly needs to be replaced (housing and all.) $900 per assembly is what I was told! One of the many reasons I went with a Mopar extended warranty.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love my factory LEDs and very fortunate I was able to get them on my 2019 Bighorn while they were still an option. The light output is fantastic. That said, if one of them goes out, the whole assembly needs to be replaced (housing and all.) $900 per assembly is what I was told! One of the many reasons I went with a Mopar extended warranty.
Which extended warranty did you get? I didn't think the LED headlight assemblies were covered under Max Care?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which extended warranty did you get? I didn't think the LED headlight assemblies were covered under Max Care?
Correct, light bulbs, and by extension headlights, are not covered. My biggest fear about our "lifetime LED" headlights. You actually just made me question myself because I thought they were covered, and now I'm sad.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That was the truck on the lot. Buy this model or walk to work. I bought the new Ram....
Buy some LED replacement bulbs. You will be happy. That is what matters.

Oh, and before someone comes on and poo poos on them because the angle of the refactor is not in precise alignment with the molecular structure of the lens because two atoms of crystalline will interact with the LED and blind planes flying overhead causing an international incident........

Yea, they work fine. Just adjust your beam if needed.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
Mountain Whiskey, did you upgrade your bulbs to LED, if so which ones did you go with, Thinking about changing my halogens to LED and then re-adjusting them once done.

Thanks

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I got the MaxCare. I specifically called them when buying it asking about the headlight assemblies.. yes they are covered as long as it is related to “mechanical failure.” I.e. if one goes out, it is covered.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, light bulbs, and by extension headlights, are not covered. My biggest fear about our "lifetime LED" headlights. You actually just made me question myself because I thought they were covered, and now I'm sad.

The LED headlight assembly is covered under the MaxCare.

Users who are viewing this thread