5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo View Trigger Wires

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
K Team Ram, I'm lost on this...

I don't even know where to start. I have a Halo View monitor kit for towing a Travel Trailer. It has side views as well as backup view. It comes with this trigger wire that you install in the cab, and plug the monitor into. Supposidley, if you find the right wires, when you turn on your right blinker, the monitor shows the right side of the trailer (and left with left blinker), and when you put it in reverse, it shows the back camera, AND when none of those things are happening it shows the split view of them all....

I have no idea where to even start installing this. I can't seem to find solid wireing diagrams but I also don't know how best to do it? find the wire and t-tap into it? Find a fuse and piggyback on? Any thoughts or helps or even just a general direction would be helpful.

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie

Thanks!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine that you could get the left, right, and reverse from the trailer plug if anything. Curt sells a T harness.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
I would imagine that you could get the left, right, and reverse from the trailer plug if anything. Curt sells a T harness.
Can I get to the trailer plug from the inside of the cab? Which harness were you thinking, if you don't mind shooting me a link, that would be helpful. I'm not super good at any of this.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I get to the trailer plug from the inside of the cab? Which harness were you thinking, if you don't mind shooting me a link, that would be helpful. I'm not super good at any of this.
I don't where to grab offhand inside the cab, I was thinking T-harness in back by the connector and running the wires up. Here the link to that: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EA6WQU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I'm sure there is a spot inside the cab to grab all that but can't think of where off hand.

M@dM0nk3y!

Reaction score
Hey Mit! Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm dealing with the same exact dilemma - bought the Haloview and would like to at least set up the turn signal trigger wires but have no idea where to connect them up in the cab/underhood area. Don't really want to run wires all the way to the trailer plug in the back when I'm pretty certain there's a place to do it up front.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I think the T harness would be the easiest in terms of finding the wires that you are looking for. Just extend that along the frame rail and secure it so it doesn't come loose in the future. Run it into the truck, there should be some rubber grommets under the truck ( I would assume) and then into your equipment that you are installing.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it’s not possible with what you guys have unless you just want to provide 12V DC power when you turn on either the left or right turn signal. The trigger harness is for multiple cameras and is not to be used as what the name implies. If anyone has any other wiring diagrams, then let me know or post them up and I can point you guys in the right direction. Here’s a pic of what I found:

3E87A1EC-52C3-4F44-8CAA-9683B8755EEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread