5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had to get new tires.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
So I got tires from my local tire dealer, saved about $250 with the National Commando then the next choice were Michelins. Anyone else on here have had this National brand of tires for their truck? I was a bit indecisive on whether to get Michelin but figured I’d save $250 even though I financed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I got tires from my local tire dealer, saved about $250 with the National Commando then the next choice were Michelins. Anyone else on here have had this National brand of tires for their truck? I was a bit indecisive on whether to get Michelin but figured I’d save $250 even though I financed.
I would hope there was a bigger difference in price between the two brand. Unless you mean $250 per tire. I've never heard of that brand before. And not saying they aren't good tires, but if they were that good it should be a bigger name.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
I would hope there was a bigger difference in price between the two brand. Unless you mean $250 per tire. I've never heard of that brand before. And not saying they aren't good tires, but if they were that good it should be a bigger name.
It was about $250 difference between the set of Nationals vs the Michelins.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
On the plus side you’ll be able to give feedback on here so everyone else can have another option for tires or not .
These tires I chose, National Commandos, seem good with me on highway & neighborhood streets! Now I’m looking to retint my truck, most likely with 5% ceramic & getting weathertech floor mats. Anyone have those deflectors on their windows if they have dogs that ride in the back at times?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found these two bits of info on National:

1712651321218.png
1712651348433.png

dearmosd

Reaction score
Sumitomo's are that bad of tire. I could name a dozen more that I wouldn't buy before choosing Sumitomo tires. Now Sumitomo vs Michelins are on two different levels of quality.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Sumitomo's are that bad of tire. I could name a dozen more that I wouldn't buy before choosing Sumitomo tires. Now Sumitomo vs Michelins are on two different levels of quality.
Probably should’ve stuck with Michelin but I’m satisfied with the Nationals so far.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Haha i mean, you've had them a week, one would hope you haven't had any issues!

I think the question is long term; do they wear quickly? do they wear evenly (assuming periodic tire rotations)? Are they noisy as the mileage increases? And once they have some miles on them, how do they do in adverse conditions? That sort of thing.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never heard of National, Michelin is always one of the better tires at least for trucks though.

rick619

Reaction score
These tires I chose, National Commandos, seem good with me on highway & neighborhood streets! Now I’m looking to retint my truck, most likely with 5% ceramic & getting weathertech floor mats. Anyone have those deflectors on their windows if they have dogs that ride in the back at times?

I'm more interested to hear how they are in 20 - 30K miles.

I'm adamant on getting tires I've heard of. Really only a few brands I would consider. Probably get Falken AT4 when I'm ready. Possibly Cooper, BFG, or MT Baja Boss.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Found these two bits of info on National:

View attachment 180778
View attachment 180779

Haha i mean, you've had them a week, one would hope you haven't had any issues!

I think the question is long term; do they wear quickly? do they wear evenly (assuming periodic tire rotations)? Are they noisy as the mileage increases? And once they have some miles on them, how do they do in adverse conditions? That sort of thing.
Very true, they’re new tires but I’m just being optimistic. I will let you all know how they get through after increased mileage & rotations. Especially how they handle snow.

Users who are viewing this thread