5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had my truck in the shop for warranty 2k km's

YawnY

Reaction score
I had to drop off my rebel yesterday for some warranty work and to get the alignment checked, the wheel is always to the left, if I center the wheel it pulls to the right. I also had to get some paint fixed that had some over spray. Not a big deal.

So I get a 2019 gmc Sierra for a rental and hated that truck every minute I was in it, thankfully only for one day.
I cannot believe the ride quality difference between the ram and the Sierra, and what was gm thinking with that interior? It's like fisher price made it.

So glad I made the decision to purchase a ram over anyother brand.

My warranty service was about as good as my rental truck, and now I need to make a trip back. Where they polished my truck is now covered in scratches, and the alignment is still out. I looked over the spec print out from the alignment rack and it looked good, but my wheel is not centered down any road. I used to do alignments and understand road crown, but this far to off to be caused by a crown.

Kind of wish I was still a tech, then I could align it myself.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
I had to drop off my rebel yesterday for some warranty work and to get the alignment checked, the wheel is always to the left, if I center the wheel it pulls to the right. I also had to get some paint fixed that had some over spray. Not a big deal.

So I get a 2019 gmc Sierra for a rental and hated that truck every minute I was in it, thankfully only for one day.
I cannot believe the ride quality difference between the ram and the Sierra, and what was gm thinking with that interior? It's like fisher price made it.

So glad I made the decision to purchase a ram over anyother brand.

My warranty service was about as good as my rental truck, and now I need to make a trip back. Where they polished my truck is now covered in scratches, and the alignment is still out. I looked over the spec print out from the alignment rack and it looked good, but my wheel is not centered down any road. I used to do alignments and understand road crown, but this far to off to be caused by a crown.

Kind of wish I was still a tech, then I could align it myself.
My 2016 ram steering wheel was off a bit. My 2019 chevy 3500 wheel is off a bit too. I havent bothered with either because other than cosmetic to me, it didnt pull or wear tires or anything. My 2019 ram is dead on though

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took mine in for an alignment today for the same thing. The wheel isn't straight. They fixed the toe and it's still not perfect. It drives me nuts

YawnY

Reaction score
The wheel being slightly off doesn't bother me as much as the scratches. It looks like someone took sand paper to the C-piller and passenger handle.

Users who are viewing this thread