5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H11 Osram Night Breaker Unlimited (Halogen)

FarmerJohn

Reaction score
I'm not ready to spend the money required to upgrade to LED (housing, etc..) so I chose to try these Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs. At $32, that seemed reasonable to try.

Whiter light (3600 Kelvin), 1350 Lumens. Runs at 55Watts, and I expect draws a little more than that.

Claims of 100% increase in light by websites are exaggerated. See my pics attached.

While they are something of an improvement, I doubt I will take this modification any farther. I hate being blinded by other drivers, and I don't want to be that guy. I'm adding a light bar to the front of the vehicle this week, so If I really need more light, I'll have it.

Osram on Driver side, OEM on passenger.

Attachments

• osram1.jpg
    osram1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 63
  • osram2.jpg
    osram2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 65

McBroom

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda agree not enough of a difference so I will probably not go with that (3600K) bulb. Now a (6000K) might make a big enough difference to go that direction.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You have great LED bulbs for $20 more.. i think it looks ok, LED will look 10 times better.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used all the halogen bulbs on the market. Very disappointing for the money. I finally found a place called Headlight Revolution that does excellent YouTube videos and it became clear that LED was the only way to go.

I have never looked back. The Supernova V.4 bulbs or the new GTR Lighting Ultra 2 bulbs in stock halogen housings are AMAZING. FAR more light output, perfect beam pattern, less energy draw, and lifetime warranty. I'll never buy a halogen bulb ever again.

The key is buying quality, not eBay junk.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The key is buying quality, not eBay junk.
That's what HR told you so you'll keep buying their $300 kits. Nothing wrong with the $50-$90 options on Amazon. I've had Hikari and Nineo for years now, and they are great bulbs!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what HR told you so you'll keep buying their $300 kits. Nothing wrong with the $50-$90 options on Amazon. I've had Hikari and Nineo for years now, and they are great bulbs!

No, that's what I bought after watching videos on the build design, chip sets used, and resulting output and beam patterns of said bulbs. There are more to these bulbs than even I realized in the beginning and when you dive into it deep you realize why the quality bulbs are $150 a set and not $50 a set. Heat sink design, chip placement, distance from base, ability to clock the chipset properly (which was required for me on this Ram), etc. and the list goes on.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
No, that's what I bought after watching videos on the build design, chip sets used, and resulting output and beam patterns of said bulbs. There are more to these bulbs than even I realized in the beginning and when you dive into it deep you realize why the quality bulbs are $150 a set and not $50 a set. Heat sink design, chip placement, distance from base, ability to clock the chipset properly (which was required for me on this Ram), etc. and the list goes on.
Looks like this V.4 and the Nineo i posted are the same.. Probably made in the same factory...

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
If I had halogen reflector housings I would just mod the connectors on H9 bulbs and throw them in there, or get some h11 to h9 pigtails...2100 lumens instead of 1350 and perfect beam pattern that wont glare. I did that with my 2014 and the light output difference is huge. Had them in for 3 years until I turned the truck in with no issues. Did the same conversion in my wifes old Cherokee with halogen projectors and with her current Highlander with halogen projectors. Much brighter light, perfect beam pattern, and no issues on any of them.

FarmerJohn

Reaction score
If I had halogen reflector housings I would just mod the connectors on H9 bulbs and throw them in there, or get some h11 to h9 pigtails...2100 lumens instead of 1350 and perfect beam pattern that wont glare. I did that with my 2014 and the light output difference is huge. Had them in for 3 years until I turned the truck in with no issues. Did the same conversion in my wifes old Cherokee with halogen projectors and with her current Highlander with halogen projectors. Much brighter light, perfect beam pattern, and no issues on any of them.
That’s an interesting concept, one I had not thought of. If you have pics, sure would appreciate it. But, the facts of higher lumen output speaks for itself.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
That’s an interesting concept, one I had not thought of. If you have pics, sure would appreciate it. But, the facts of higher lumen output speaks for itself.
I did not take any before/after photos. Just do a google search for h11 to h9 conversion and I'm sure you will find plenty of info.

Users who are viewing this thread