5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gyeon One Ceramic Coating

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
After about 16 hours, I finished up my first ever ceramic coat application. I'm really pleased with the results and all the products I used. Here is my process and products:

1. Wash - 2 bucket method, Microfiber wash mit, Turtle Wax Max Power car wash, Grant's microfiber drying towel
2. Clay Bar Decontamination - Chemical Guys Clay Bar and Meguiar's Quick Detailer used as lubricant
3. Paint Correction - Griot's Garage BOSS Correction Cream with Griot's Garage G9 Polisher
4. Polishing - Griot's Garage BOSS Finishing Sealant with Griot's Garage G9 Polisher
5. Surface Prep - Gyeon Prep spray (very important step)
6. Ceramic Coat Application - Gyeon One
7. Curing Sealant - Gyeon Cure

Ordered the Gyeon One Kit from Autogeek for about $85. Kit contains the One 50ml vial of ceramic solution, Cure spray, and applicators - note that the Gyeon Prep spray was purchased separately for about $16.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Gyeon One 1.jpg
    Gyeon One 1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 169
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

thrillracing

Reaction score
After about 16 hours, I finished up my first ever ceramic coat application. I'm really pleased with the results and all the products I used. Here is my process and products:

1. Wash - 2 bucket method, Microfiber wash mit, Turtle Wax Max Power car wash, Grant's microfiber drying towel
2. Clay Bar Decontamination - Chemical Guys Clay Bar and Meguiar's Quick Detailer used as lubricant
3. Paint Correction - Griot's Garage BOSS Correction Cream with Griot's Garage G9 Polisher
4. Polishing - Griot's Garage BOSS Finishing Sealant with Griot's Garage G9 Polisher

Ordered the Gyeon One Kit from Autogeek for about $85. Kit contains the One 50ml vial of ceramic solution, Cure spray, and applicators - note that the Gyeon Prep spray was purchased separately for about $16.

Looks great!

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Kite23

Reaction score

What was the longest part of the process?
Did you do the grill too, or did you skip that part of the truck?

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
What was the longest part of the process?
Did you do the grill too, or did you skip that part of the truck?

Longest part was paint correction/polishing since I did a 2 step process.

I did the grill as well as all the rest of the plastic on the truck like fender flares, mirror housings, etc. I'm happy with how the plastic turned out - no hazing or streaking.

Kite23

Reaction score
Longest part was paint correction/polishing since I did a 2 step process.

I did the grill as well as all the rest of the plastic on the truck like fender flares, mirror housings, etc. I'm happy with how the plastic turned out - no hazing or streaking.
One more question, I'm assuming that you do not was before the ceramic application but after, correct?

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
One more question, I'm assuming that you do not was before the ceramic application but after, correct?

After you use prep spray, you are ready to start the ceramic coat application - no need to wash (except for initial wash of course).

Do NOT wash after you apply the ceramic coat - it needs 24 hours to cure.

Kite23

Reaction score
After you use prep spray, you are ready to start the ceramic coat application - no need to wash (except for initial wash of course).

Do NOT wash after you apply the ceramic coat - it needs 24 hours to cure.
Sorry I meant wax, I didn't mean "was."

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Sorry I meant wax, I didn't mean "was."

The "polishing" step does involve using a sealant which is done prior to ceramic coating. After you ceramic coat, you will no longer need to use typical "wax" type products. You will want to use an enhancing product that contains SiO2 and is designed to maintain and work with your ceramic coat.

Users who are viewing this thread