5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gurgling Dash

smrdmr00

Reaction score
The last 2 times I've towed my Travel Trailer when I stop and it sits for several minutes I get a gurgling from the heater core. It'ss not running hot, at about 210 on the gauge. The coolant is full and no air in system. Has anyone else experienced this?

jkm312

Reaction score
If you are running your AC. First I would check to see the drain tube is open on the firewall that drains the condensate from the AC. Simplest fix for you I hope. Is your truck frame sitting level with your travel trailer hooked? If it is tilted back, it may not be able to drain as well as it needs to and you are hearing the condensate drip off the condenser into the bottom of the drain pan. Does this happen when you are not pulling your travel trailer?

Wirerat

Reaction score
Gurgling heater core can mean blown head gasket unfortunately.

There is either a leak in the coolant system which created the void (air) or the head gasket.

Pick up the test kit from auto parts store or Amazon HG tester. Simple to use.

Users who are viewing this thread