5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun safe for my 2019 Limited

Cortesio

Reaction score
Nope, not when it comes to firearms. Smash and grabs are a thing and firearms are stolen are significant rates.

All true, which is why I asked specifically about anyone who had installed the Tuffy product.

Personally speaking, if you’re concerned about security, I wouldn’t get the Tuffy console box. It’s made of thin steel and the sides are hinged (ie: not welded) to the top to make it more compact for shipping. I went with the Console Vault myself because the construction is much more substantial. The Lock’er Down models have pretty similar construction but I liked the mounting method more for the Console Vault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
Nothing like what I was originally looking for (a security container) that fit under the rear seat. I currently use a cable lock routed through the frame of the rear seat and passed through the mag well and ejection port of an AR. That secures both the upper and lower but doesn't protect ammo, accessories, or other kit you might keep.

On another note, bullet velocity and ballistics debates aside, one can fit a 7.5" AR and 3 magazines in the rear floor storage bins when the upper and lower are separated. A law folding attachment helps fitment. Par time to exit truck and reassemble the rifle is about 90 seconds. That's another option for those that run locking floor bins.

TriSum

Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread...

Any new info / reviews of the Tuffy under rear seat locking box? Thing that raises concern for me on this box is the cross bar between the lids. It doesn't look like you could fit a shotgun in from the drivers side without disassembly. ???

Tuffy box.jpg

Anything else out there that fits under the rear seat and locks that is secure?

Joedel

Reaction score
Bringing up an old thread...

Any new info / reviews of the Tuffy under rear seat locking box? Thing that raises concern for me on this box is the cross bar between the lids. It doesn't look like you could fit a shotgun in from the drivers side without disassembly. ???

View attachment 120789

Anything else out there that fits under the rear seat and locks that is secure?
Late to the party , new to the board. Deezee just came out with a slick under seat slider (doors open to access from driver or passenger) price points good, not sure on quality , appears to be able to fit rifle PC mask and lid

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Late to the party , new to the board. Deezee just came out with a slick under seat slider (doors open to access from driver or passenger) price points good, not sure on quality , appears to be able to fit rifle PC mask and lid
You didn't give a link and I just searched on their website and they don't offer underseat storage when I looked up everything they sell for a 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread