5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess I'll Chime in Here...

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've already posted some but figured, why not?

HI! :D

Happy to (soon) be part of the Ram family and really looing forward to owning my first ever vehicle that can do more than just go from point A to point B with the occasional load of groceries in the back. This will be the biggest, nicest, most fully-featured/luxurious, most capable, and most powerful vehicle I've ever owned BY FAR.

Here's my build:

Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 w/6'4'' box
5.7L V8 HEMI w/eTorque
Diamond Black Crystal P/C
Night Edition!
3.92 Rear Axle
Anti-Spin Differential
Trailer Tow Group (B)
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Dual-Pane Pano Sunroof

That's it! Actually didn't want the fancy adaptive cruise stuff (I will drive my car myself thank you very much) or the tech package (I like the camera RVM but don't want the HUD so not worth the cost) but definitely wanted the upgraded speaker system, so it's awesome that they give it to you with the Night Edition (which I wanted for the look anyway). Only thing I miss out on is rear ventilated seats but it's not a big deal (heated is more important anyway, imo).

Had to get the 3.92's for better towing (and a quicker pickup :cool:), and anti-spin for the snowy inclines I have to deal with in wintertime (central PA). Bigger fuel tank also a must, I love less frequent trips to the pump.

Pano roof because...well, it's just about the most impractical thing you can put on a vehicle and chops your payload down by a noticeable amount too. I used to hate (the idea of) them...until I had one. THEY LET IN SO MUCH LIGHT, IT'S JUST LOVELY! And now my wife and I are addicted and don't want a vehicle without one. The vent function is nice too, keeps the interior cooler while siting outside on hot sunny days without having to leave the windows cracked.

I was really impressed with how much stuff came standard on the Limited, including the air suspension, which feels incredible (from my test drives). Hopefully it doesn't crap out at 36,001 miles lol.

I'm a total truck noob, but I tried to research as much as I could. Plan to get a trailer (20-26 foot exterior length) within the next year or two and go camping and road-tripping with it, something I've wanted to do since I was a kid.

Everyone on the forums has been really cool and I'm glad to be here. Thanks for reading this minor dissertation. See you out on the threads! 😊

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a dream truck! although I love the fancy adaptive cruise stuff and use it daily, I certainly understand why others feel differently. I'm that way with the sunroof...almost every vehicle I've ever owned since 1989 had a sunroof and it finally dawned on me that while I loved it when I was using it, I was only using it maybe 1% of the time...and it turns out that I don't miss it at all. Different strokes I guess.

If you haven't yet, I'd check this thread out...https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/what-are-your-top-five-upgrades.26903/page-5#post-497900

FWIW - I had a Grand Cherokee in the diamond crystal black and it had the air suspension. The Black color, since it's not a true black, is surprisingly easier to keep clean than other black vehicles I've had...Loved it. Unless you live in the great white north where temps are routinely in the negative, you likely will not have any air suspension issues. I put 230K miles on that jeep...no issues. Dreamy for towing...but you may also want to search the towing section for proper WDH setup with Air Susp once you get your trailer.

Good luck with yours!!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds like a dream truck! although I love the fancy adaptive cruise stuff and use it daily, I certainly understand why others feel differently. I'm that way with the sunroof...almost every vehicle I've ever owned since 1989 had a sunroof and it finally dawned on me that while I loved it when I was using it, I was only using it maybe 1% of the time...and it turns out that I don't miss it at all. Different strokes I guess.

If you haven't yet, I'd check this thread out...https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/what-are-your-top-five-upgrades.26903/page-5#post-497900

FWIW - I had a Grand Cherokee in the diamond crystal black and it had the air suspension. The Black color, since it's not a true black, is surprisingly easier to keep clean than other black vehicles I've had...Loved it. Unless you live in the great white north where temps are routinely in the negative, you likely will not have any air suspension issues. I put 230K miles on that jeep...no issues. Dreamy for towing...but you may also want to search the towing section for proper WDH setup with Air Susp once you get your trailer.

Good luck with yours!!
Thank you! Honestly, if you had told me a year ago that I'd end up with a vehicle like this before I retired I would have laughed it off. But things came together! I have a Grand Cherokee (Limited X) currently, trading it in when my truck comes. Great vehicle, no issues, no complaints but it's the V6 and does not have a tow package so I'd be extremely limited on what I could put out of the back of it. I have uses for the bed too, and fuel economy of the Ram 1500 is only like 2 MPG worse than the Grand. So all things considered, it's gonna be a huge upgrade for me and my family.

That adaptive cruise stuff would probably be like the sunroof for me. Don't want it/care about it, but eventually I will probably end up with a vehicle that I like where it's standard on and then end up loving it once I've used it for a while.

Good news about the air suspension! And yes, I have begun researching weight distribution hitches and dry and loaded hitch and trailer weights. There's so much to learn!

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! sounds amazing. I traded in a 2018 Limited for my 21 Bighorn Night Edition. I have to say the only thing I really miss is are the little things, Rain sensing wipers, auto high beam, Auto door unlock with touching the handle...NEVER would have thought about missing those things. Other than those i'm loving the night edition look. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Oh and Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread