5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Package? Worth it?

JOzzz

Reaction score
What is the price of the package and what does it include? Paddle shifters would be nice and the exhaust sounds like a Corsa sport.

Any GT owners want to upgrade their exhaust, lemme know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
44-44 Transfer case instead of the superior 44-45. You get and exhaust and CAI that add no performance or fuel economy. You do get paddle shifters and G/T stickers on the side of your bed. If all that is worth the extra money to you then go for it. Or, if you can get that cost eliminated even better. I'm told it is valued at about 3K.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. Some guys are content with a knob, I had one, didn't like it. I really like the shifter in the center console. I like to manual shift, so the paddles/console shift suit me. GT exhaust sounds better than factory non-GT. My GT package came with a lot of other things I wanted, including ventilated seats. If I could have ordered a Rebel GT and got ventilated seats, I would have gone that direction.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. When i was ordering because the option is $3k i weighed it against the 12" screen (which at the time also cost $3k.) What you really getting is essentially the TRX interior. that's why you see all these youtube vids calling it "the baby TRX" or "the poor man's TRX" which i don't think either is accurate... $h!t wun't cheap by any means!

You get different seats, bigger bolstering and they are heated/ventilated with the G/T embroidered in the backs where Rebel would have been. and the back seats are also just heated (but i can't remember if thats a G/T thing or not...) if you get a Rebel i think you can only get heated rear seats when you get the G/T pkg, not so for laramie and the other fancy ones.
You get Performance and Offroad pages in the Uconnect system. You get paddle shifters, and you get a console stick instead of the dash knob. I've always preferred a console shifter just for where it is... the argument that it's not a real shifter anymore never made sense to me. We know they're all just differently shaped buttons now... but i like to rest my hand on it when i'm driving... just a habit so i don't like it when its not there. And i hate the dash knob... plus you can pull it towards you (to the left) and then do autostick that way as well as using the paddle shifters (kinda like the chargers were, idk if they still are)
As a result, the transfer case switches are laid out more like the TRX as well but it just says "1500" above them.
1700404197650.jpeg

But you also get the same center console as the TRX... no sliding drawer in the middle, the cup holders are front/back instead of left/rt and its a tiny bit smaller than normal... but still very large. also if you buy any console organizers/safes etc you'll have a harder time finding stuff that fits since no one really knows about it.... i've had good luck getting some that say they are for the TRX, but not everything has fit.. so i made my own organizer for the big bottom section.
1700404658619.jpeg

There's a bit of discussion as to what the cat back actually is... here's what i know... its already on there and it sounds B@LLZ. if you wanna feel 27 again, open the back slider window and goose the throttle...🤘 it has a high end rip that i just haven't heard on an aftermarket system. To me the CAI is irrelevant since you can't hear it over the exhaust, and they don't re-rate the power/torque stats or the mileage for either of them... it looks cool when the hood is up, and i figure it's something i would have done anyway, so now i don't have to and i get all the other stuff that comes with those that i would NOT do as a mod. not to mention i have heard more than a little that the biggest difference betwixt this system and an aftermarket one is drone. i hear nothing i don't want to because this was tuned for the engine...yeah sure there's things you can do to mitigate that with any system but again.... it's already ready already. i've had it just over a year and a half now and i havent once regretted getting the G/T pkg over the 12" screen... that said, you can get both, i personally had to draw a line somewhere and i wanted too many other things haha like ramboxes, multifunction tailgate, sunroof... decisions, decisions...

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you plan on using the features it has it's worth it.

Money wise $3000 is a fair deal for what you get out of it.
Adding it all after the fact will run you closer to $5000

If you just want an exhaust then cheaper to buy it after the fact.

Kinda a silly question to ask if it's worth it when the package is essentially 100% preference.

heffy

Reaction score
I just picked up a Rebel Gt I had a Rebel Eco Diesel that was loaded and had the upgraded leather seats. The GT with the Hemi is awesome, the stick shifter just feels like me. The exhaust is just the perfect note. I don't think my seats have the ventilation option...maybe someone with the same truck and tell me. The only disappointing thing for me is I can't seem to change the instrument cluster to change to the traditional cluster with the 2 round displays one with the tach and the other with the speedo. CAN ANYONE HELP ME! It shows it as an option on the screen I hit ok and it say's it's been saved but yet the original one with the long RPM at the bottom going horizontally with the speed above comes back. Can it be changed or not...HELP

heffy

Reaction score
The seats do have ventilation for the front buckets...just need to be on high to penetrate my fat ***. If anyone knows about the gauge cluster please let me know.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
not sure what you mean about the cluster... do you have a '23 or 24'? if so, i can't help. i have a '22 which doesnt have the full lcd cluster.

stevieb92

Reaction score
I have one. When i was ordering because the option is $3k i weighed it against the 12" screen (which at the time also cost $3k.) What you really getting is essentially the TRX interior. that's why you see all these youtube vids calling it "the baby TRX" or "the poor man's TRX" which i don't think either is accurate... $h!t wun't cheap by any means!

You get different seats, bigger bolstering and they are heated/ventilated with the G/T embroidered in the backs where Rebel would have been. and the back seats are also just heated (but i can't remember if thats a G/T thing or not...) if you get a Rebel i think you can only get heated rear seats when you get the G/T pkg, not so for laramie and the other fancy ones.
You get Performance and Offroad pages in the Uconnect system. You get paddle shifters, and you get a console stick instead of the dash knob. I've always preferred a console shifter just for where it is... the argument that it's not a real shifter anymore never made sense to me. We know they're all just differently shaped buttons now... but i like to rest my hand on it when i'm driving... just a habit so i don't like it when its not there. And i hate the dash knob... plus you can pull it towards you (to the left) and then do autostick that way as well as using the paddle shifters (kinda like the chargers were, idk if they still are)
As a result, the transfer case switches are laid out more like the TRX as well but it just says "1500" above them.
View attachment 171302

But you also get the same center console as the TRX... no sliding drawer in the middle, the cup holders are front/back instead of left/rt and its a tiny bit smaller than normal... but still very large. also if you buy any console organizers/safes etc you'll have a harder time finding stuff that fits since no one really knows about it.... i've had good luck getting some that say they are for the TRX, but not everything has fit.. so i made my own organizer for the big bottom section.
View attachment 171303

There's a bit of discussion as to what the cat back actually is... here's what i know... its already on there and it sounds B@LLZ. if you wanna feel 27 again, open the back slider window and goose the throttle...🤘 it has a high end rip that i just haven't heard on an aftermarket system. To me the CAI is irrelevant since you can't hear it over the exhaust, and they don't re-rate the power/torque stats or the mileage for either of them... it looks cool when the hood is up, and i figure it's something i would have done anyway, so now i don't have to and i get all the other stuff that comes with those that i would NOT do as a mod. not to mention i have heard more than a little that the biggest difference betwixt this system and an aftermarket one is drone. i hear nothing i don't want to because this was tuned for the engine...yeah sure there's things you can do to mitigate that with any system but again.... it's already ready already. i've had it just over a year and a half now and i havent once regretted getting the G/T pkg over the 12" screen... that said, you can get both, i personally had to draw a line somewhere and i wanted too many other things haha like ramboxes, multifunction tailgate, sunroof... decisions, decisions...

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Fantastic information and what I was looking for.

In my case, I don't really care about the cold air or cat back, since I was going to go aftermarket for those anyway. My big concern was the seats with the GT package. When I am in the configuration website for Ram, it won't let me select the luxury leather seating that is on the night package. I also want access to the performance and off road pages and really like the console shifter in the GT package. The paddle shifters I could do without since this is a truck, not a challenger or charger. The GT package defaults to leather and vinyl trimmed bucket seating. The vinyl part is what has me concerned. Is it cheap vinyl? I guess I need to go see one locally and figure it out.

Can anyone elaborate on the leather and vinyl trimmed seats?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To answer your question, the standard seats in the Rebel are vinyl/fabric. The vinyl used isn't like the vinyl used in the past. In fact, lots of people who bought Rebels thought it was actually leather and not vinyl. I wouldn't have any concerns with it. I had a 2017 Rebel and really liked the vinyl/fabric seats in that. But the ramtrucks.com configurator allows me to select the Night Edition package and GT package with no conflicts when building a Rebel. Since both packages have different seat descriptions it's not clear which seats you would get. You might want to visit a dealership and have them build that on their configurator. The ramtrucks.com online configurator is known to be less than reliable.

1700435528772.png

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To answer your question, the standard seats in the Rebel are vinyl/fabric. The vinyl used isn't like the vinyl used in the past. In fact, lots of people who bought Rebels thought it was actually leather and not vinyl. I wouldn't have any concerns with it. I had a 2017 Rebel and really liked the vinyl/fabric seats in that. But the ramtrucks.com configurator allows me to select the Night Edition package and GT package with no conflicts when building a Rebel. Since both packages have different seat descriptions it's not clear which seats you would get. You might want to visit a dealership and have them build that on their configurator. The ramtrucks.com online configurator is known to be less than reliable.

View attachment 171333

If you select GT and Night Edition, I'd be willing to be you get the higher trim level seats. It would be a GT after all. I just can't imagine it saying GT on the sides and not on the seats.

stevieb92

Reaction score
If you select GT and Night Edition, I'd be willing to be you get the higher trim level seats. It would be a GT after all. I just can't imagine it saying GT on the sides and not on the seats.

Yeah, I can select both the GT option and Night package, but it's unclear to me as well which seating. I'm planning to add aftermarket wheels (Fuel Off-Road Shok in matte gunmetal), so the Night package doesn't have much to offer me other than the seating. So, if I can't get those "luxury" seats and the wheels will be changed, I might as well forget about the Night package. I'll ask the dealer tomorrow.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can select both the GT option and Night package, but it's unclear to me as well which seating. I'm planning to add aftermarket wheels (Fuel Off-Road Shok in matte gunmetal), so the Night package doesn't have much to offer me other than the seating. So, if I can't get those "luxury" seats and the wheels will be changed, I might as well forget about the Night package. I'll ask the dealer tomorrow.
GT seats override night edition.

mike146

Reaction score
On the 22, get and night got you the gt seats.

But you are right to go to dealer, or email dealer like Mark Dodge to get up to date info.

Good luck!!

stevieb92

Reaction score
On the 22, get and night got you the gt seats.

But you are right to go to dealer, or email dealer like Mark Dodge to get up to date info.

Good luck!!

Thanks! I've been working with Anthony at MD. He's a good dude. Hopefully, we can get a deal done!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so i have a 22 without GT package. I thought about it when I ordered it but I was trying to get it done at $55k OTD and after level 2, 33g tank, trailer brake control, 12in screen, and HK audio there was not enough room (budget wise) to fit the GT package.

Now, looking back, I should've just gone with the package. Vented seats are big help for long drives in hot days, especially for a fat *** like me. Being able to manually shift is a big ticket item for me too, but i thought i could get used to the gear limiter (which is fake news, can't get used to it) Now i regret it but it is what it is...

I'd say just go with it!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It's true you can order a Rebel G/T with the night edition, but you'll get the G/T seats... and it's also the seat bolstering itself that's different than the regular seats, not just the covering... and there is nothing that feels cheap about them at all to me... in fact some of the most comfortable i've had in a truck. Again it largely i'll say "imitates" the TRX interior. tho full disclosure i've been in 1 TRX once so i can't really verify that. BUT they're VERY comfortable, perforated leather with suede sections as well (which in the TRX is "alcantara" and they don't use that word in the G/T pkg lingo but again, i love em.)

IDK where the vinyl is, but i gotta think it's on the seat backs... not sure tho... here's a couple pics i just took:
1700518037421.jpeg 1700518049782.jpeg 1700518062725.jpeg

Last edited:

stevieb92

Reaction score
It's true you can order a Rebel G/T with the night edition, but you'll get the G/T seats... and it's also the seat bolstering itself that's different than the regular seats, not just the covering... and there is nothing that feels cheap about them at all to me... in fact some of the most comfortable i've had in a truck. Again it largely i'll say "imitates" the TRX interior. tho full disclosure i've been in 1 TRX once so i can't really verify that. BUT they're VERY comfortable, perforated leather with suede sections as well (which in the TRX is "alcantara" and they don't use that word in the G/T pkg lingo but again, i love em.)

IDK where the vinyl is, but i gotta think it's on the seat backs... not sure tho... here's a couple pics i just took:
View attachment 171378 View attachment 171379 View attachment 171380

Thanks for the great info and pics! The dealer confirmed (and others folks in this thread as well) today that the GT seating over rides the Night seating. I'm going to check out a truck locally that has the GT package on wednesday. At this point, I think I've got my spec nailed down. I'm getting the GT package and will not select the Night package. Thanks for everyone's help!

Users who are viewing this thread