5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT package experience

MarioNYC

Reaction score
Hi guys

Someone drove Rebel or Laramie with GT package ?
I know exhaust sound amazing when cold start but it’s not annoying in long trip this loudly sound ?

Thanks

M02v8r

Reaction score
So I test drove a G/T back in October and I wound up ordering one (just getting built as we speak). I am going to be using this truck for work and make phone calls so I wanted to make sure it wasn't too loud. I was very impressed with the low noise in the cab. It sounded like any other Ram in the cab. I hope to have my G/T in another 20 - 30 days and will be happy to give an update at that time.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently added the G/T exhaust system to my 2019 Laramie, here are my response/impression from another thread and a cold start vid...

Initial impression is WOW!!! Really hit it out the park, IMO perfection.

The G/T exhaust is the t!ts, so crisp and clean sounding. So so perfect for me.

...my "fix", if it wasn't loud enough for me, was a resonator delete from B2 Fabrication, and problem solved, but they knocked this one in the deep seats. It's more about the tone than the volume, both are perfect for me, but the tone is what I am in love with.

It is plenty loud enough for me. Has a great bark on a cold start, calms down nicely, and has an aggressive sound when on the throttle, but quiets down with zero drone when just cruising. For me, it is blissful perfection. I haven't towed my boat with it on yet but look forward to it.

MarioNYC

Reaction score
I am still not sure how it is for kind distance drive. Sounds great when start but do not know if not gonna be annoying in long distance drive.
still thinking of choice Rebel or Laramie because both trucks I like how looks. Specially in night edition. I am don’t know either if Rebel tires are good for snow rain and not noisy

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While cruising or just idling at a stop light i can just barley hear it. In the cab. I doubt it will be annoying while towing. When ever i get/make time to go fishing again, ill report back. Pretty damn cold right now though. May be a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram-583

Reaction score
I recently added the G/T exhaust system to my 2019 Laramie, here are my response/impression from another thread and a cold start vid...

...my "fix", if it wasn't loud enough for me, was a resonator delete from B2 Fabrication, and problem solved, but they knocked this one in the deep seats. It's more about the tone than the volume, both are perfect for me, but the tone is what I am in love with.

It is plenty loud enough for me. Has a great bark on a cold start, calms down nicely, and has an aggressive sound when on the throttle, but quiets down with zero drone when just cruising. For me, it is blissful perfection. I haven't towed my boat with it on yet but look forward to it.
Did you change the tips to 5 inch? of is the video with the stock exhaust tips? I'm thinking about going with the moderate B2 Fabrication muffler and seeing how that sounds and then possibly ordering the resonator delete pipes.

Thanks for posting the video... it was a huge help to seal the deal with my indecisiveness:)(y):)!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you change the tips to 5 inch? of is the video with the stock exhaust tips? I'm thinking about going with the moderate B2 Fabrication muffler and seeing how that sounds and then possibly ordering the resonator delete pipes.

Thanks for posting the video... it was a huge help to seal the deal with my indecisiveness:)(y):)!
The B2 Fab oval muffler (moderate) isn't much louder than stock. I had one on my previous truck (2020 Laramie), along with their 5 inch tips. It was a little louder during start-up and when getting on the throttle. I liked it but it wasn't enough of a difference from stock to be honest. And wasn't worth the price to me. I never deleted the resonators, so I can't speak to how much of a difference that would make.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Rebel GT. The exhaust is perfect IMO. It's there on startup and major acceleration. Very low in cab for regular driving, again until I stomp on it to move up and around traffic, which I like. When etorque starts up again, it get's a quick puff of a growl and then settles in immediately which always makes me smile. No drone or annoyance. Easy to have a conversation with people in front/back seats. (although I come from a Wrangler, which was loud af).

Interior is great.

The paddles and shifter are ok. Depends on you of what you really want/like. It's fun once in a while, but I don't use it much.

Ventilated seats are awesome. I haven't been able to use it much since it's winter. But when I've used it, I get noticeable cold air on my rear and lower back.

Personally I think it's good value for the money. Although, I would look at where there might be overlap with other packages you are buying. (such as leather seats, etc.) When I ordered mine, I got a great deal from Mark Dodge, but I kinda felt I might be paying for the same feature in multiple packages. (Rebel + GT + plus ASG, Tech Group, 12 inch Radio, etc..)

Bavet

Reaction score
I'm a little concerned when I start pulling our camper this summer. I could hear my 2019 with normal exhaust when the truck was working. I'm hoping this isn't too obnoxious. But it's hardly noticeable during cruising speeds now but wakes right up when you get on it.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sounds great. What’s the part number?

Users who are viewing this thread