5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Pack paddle shift tuning?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 with the GT pack, which includes the paddle shifters. The paddleshift reaction is very slow meaning there is a delay between pulling the shifter and the gear shifting, also there is no rev-matching throttle blip on downshifting, which I get on my other cars that have paddle shifters. I would therefore like to get a tune that:
  • Significantly speeds up paddle to gearshift shift speed
  • Adds throttle blip on downshifts
  • Raises the rev limit on shifts slightly
Does anyone know anyone who offers this or have any insight?

Cheers!

Martin.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 with the GT pack, which includes the paddle shifters. The paddleshift reaction is very slow meaning there is a delay between pulling the shifter and the gear shifting, also there is no rev-matching throttle blip on downshifting, which I get on my other cars that have paddle shifters. I would therefore like to get a tune that:
  • Significantly speeds up paddle to gearshift shift speed
  • Adds throttle blip on downshifts
  • Raises the rev limit on shifts slightly
Does anyone know anyone who offers this or have any insight?

Cheers!

Martin.
You may be able to find a tuner to change these things, but the aren't programmed that way, because they are just sort of a gimmick thing to play with. These trucks weigh 6,000 pounds. They are not meant to race. I used them when I had a charger, but now I turn mine off on my Durango R/T.

Reaction score
Hi 6of36,

Thanks for your input. I opted for a GT pack deliberately so I could have direct control of gearshifts exactly when I want them, and be able to hold a gear when I chose to. I like driving, and part of that is the human>machine interaction of having full and exact control of the shifting. I drive a lot on mountain roads, and find that despite its heft, the 1500 can hustle very well and has good corner grip and turn-in when pressing on. The main thing I find lacking though is when attacking a corner or needing to downshift aggressively, the paddle shift response is painfully slow and delayed, to the point where I have to shift in advance of the actual shift point to allow for the delay. Not a good feeling.

The 8 Speed ZF8HP fitted to our trucks is the same gearbox fitted to high performance sedans and sports cars such as the Bentley GT, Merc AMGs, BMW M5 and Audi RS6. It is capable of shifting in 200 milliseconds and can be configured to rev match when downshifting, giving it much better response than a manual gearbox.

I'm sure the box just need a tune to release it's potential, but I wondered who anyone might recommend who'd be able to do that?

Thanks!

Mart.

Last edited:

FrenchyGT

Reaction score
Hi 6of36,

Thanks for your input. I opted for a GT pack deliberately so I could have direct control of gearshifts exactly when I want them, and be able to hold a gear when I chose to. I like driving, and part of that is the human>machine interaction of having full and exact control of the shifting. I drive a lot on mountain roads, and find that despite its heft, the 1500 can hustle very well and has good corner grip and turn-in when pressing on. The main thing I find lacking though is when attacking a corner or needing to downshift aggressively, the paddle shift response is painfully slow and delayed, to the point where I have to shift in advance of the actual shift point to allow for the delay. Not a good feeling.

The 8 Speed ZF8HP fitted to our trucks is the same gearbox fitted to high performance sedans and sports cars such as the Bentley GT, Merc AMGs, BMW M5 and Audi RS6. It is capable of shifting in 200 milliseconds and can be configured to rev match when downshifting, giving it much better response than a manual gearbox.

I'm sure the box just need a tune to release it's potential, but I wondered who anyone might recommend who'd be able to do that?

Thanks!

Mart.
Hi Mart, i just bought a Ram GT SPORT im looking to add performance and get rid of all the delay in the vehicle, was wondering if you ever came up with any solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online