5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grrrr!!!! Paint Chips by Morons!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Another update. The insurance company called me. They are sending me a check for a little over $2k. It is up to me to get it fixed to my satisfaction.

Since this was a liability claim and not a vehicle claim per se, they did not even document my vehicle so to speak so there would be no Carfax or diminished value. Makes sense I guess, it’s not like it was a moving accident.

Back to my earlier comment about seeing a detailer. The detailer says he can fix these scratches and chips. The appraiser who came out today even suggested the same and just put the money in the bank. As I’ve said earlier in this thread, if this were my old truck, I’d fix it myself. So thanks to the irresponsibility of some landscapers, I’ll be getting the truck detailed and ceramic coated and throw a few bucks in my pocket for “pain and suffering” ;)

Glad to hear. If the scratches / chips did not break the clear coat too deep (does your nail catch on them?) then a competent detailer should be able to polish them out. Otherwise, you’ll need to have the body shop re-spray.

Users who are viewing this thread