5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grrrr!!!! Paint Chips by Dealer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As noted in another post, the truck was at the dealer for the dealer installed spray-in bed liner, fixing a door ding (a delivery issue) and to remedy a glob of black windshield goo on the windshield and pillar. These repairs took eight days., because when the ding was removed it caused a paint chip. When I picked up the truck today, I did a careful walk-through with the salesman and found the passenger side riddled with paint chips, just like member Troutspinner experienced. I counted 12 chips, all on the passenger side. There may be more, as it started to rain when we were looking them over. The dealer is taking total responsibility for the damage. I went ahead and drove the truck home, but will be dropping it off later this week, getting the running boards installed (hopefully) at the same time. At this point I have 114 miles on the truck. The truck had 12 miles at delivery, and I live 32 miles from the dealership. At least it's "home" and in the garage tonight.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, I didn’t realize you had even less miles than me. Feel for ya. If I were in your shoes, I might be pressing them to suck this one up and accept your truck as a trade at a paid price and deliver you a new vehicle.

Ps. Love the title. ;)

Reactions: 356

Cluck

Reaction score
It can happen at any dealer. It got to the point with my GMC I almost expected some sort of damage each time I had to drop it off. None of them care...

Reactions: 356

Users who are viewing this thread