5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Messages Coming Through?

U

User_34235

I have a 21 with the 8.4 non-nav system and never gave it much thought till the other day but am curious about something. When I get a text it will pop up on the screen as well as announce it over the speakers. It gives me choices to listen, ignore etc. All fine and dandy, but here is what confuses me is that it will not announce or show if I get a group text message. Running an android phone. Now here is where I suddenly realized was in the misses 19 Jeep Cherokee with IPhone. Her system will go off and let her listen to group messages.
Is this a Android thing or a RAM thing as to why I cant see/listen to group messages in the truck?
Thoughts?

397STROKER

Reaction score
It may be android as I have the same issue but not just Ram. They didn't go off in my Challenger either.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Mine come through in Android Auto, Idk if it comes through not using android auto.

U

User_34235

Mine come through in Android Auto, Idk if it comes through not using android auto.
Interesting observation...I dont use AA that much but will give it a test. Thanks for thei information

Users who are viewing this thread