5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should message zautomotive on Facebook messenger and tell him that. Might help? But the guy is probably already pretty good at programming also lol
I sent a message through their support page and texted them as well. My observation is just a hunch but I've been programming touchscreens and displays for 30 years. Either way, I'm sure their programmer is a smart guy. He'll get it fixed, no doubt.

M

Mdegen93

I sent a message through their support page and texted them as well. My observation is just a hunch but I've been programming touchscreens and displays for 30 years. Either way, I'm sure their programmer is a smart guy. He'll get it fixed, no doubt.
The programmer chatted with me. He's going to try a delayed write. Hopefully that will get us fixed up! Z-Automotive has excellent and responsive support.
great news and yeah you don’t get that much anymore

Shannonw

Reaction score
Can anyone post up a video of the light show mode. I'm trying to decide if I can use this instead of installing aftermarket emergency lights in the head and taillights. Haven't been able to find a video with it on the new ram yet. Just need something for the side of the highway that's more than blinking turn signals. Also kinda curious if this will strobe my putco tailgate light bar as well.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The light show is definitely not your typical flashing hazards. All of the lights alternate left to right and front to back. If one of the built-in light shows doesn't suit you, you can program your own. I'll post a video later if somebody else doesn't. My Taser DT is uninstalled right now because I went to the dealer today for service.

Last edited:

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Can anyone post up a video of the light show mode. I'm trying to decide if I can use this instead of installing aftermarket emergency lights in the head and taillights. Haven't been able to find a video with it on the new ram yet. Just need something for the side of the highway that's more than blinking turn signals. Also kinda curious if this will strobe my putco tailgate light bar as well.
This was one of the reasons I went with this product. If the Putco, (Im going to install a Strobes n'More tailgater instead) is wired into the brake lights directly it will work. Not sure what will happen if its wired into the hitch feed.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha just saw this pop up on my videos to watch before I looked here. Figured it had to be someone here. Thanks, I think that will do just fine for my needs.
You can create your own light sequence with the ZPU software. I was thinking about making a light show with selected lights on all sides on without flashing to illuminate an area when parked. I like that it doesn't time out.

V8Spock

Reaction score
Installed yesterday. Great mod for the truck.

Question: when using the TurnCam (turn signal camera), which camera view comes on when you activate the turn signal on your truck?

Instructions says rear but, I get the front camera.

Thanks

myram2019

Reaction score
I get

Question: when using the TurnCam (turn signal camera), which camera view comes on when you activate the turn signal on your truck?

Thanks
I get the same and already messaged Tazer about it. Our 360 truck switch to front cam when in D. Im sure in the next firmware update there will be an adjustment or fix.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can create your own light sequence with the ZPU software. I was thinking about making a light show with selected lights on all sides on without flashing to illuminate an area when parked. I like that it doesn't time out.

Is it possible to set the running lights to flash in the lightshow, but not the headlights and fog lights. I would like to use them when plowing. I got my Tazer on Wed, but still waiting on my Ram. lol

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks
It comes up on the last view you manually selected on that screen. I programmed my Cruise Resume button to turn on the Camera Screen. I see the same behavior also.

myram2019

Reaction score
You can have it plugged into the truck and computer at the same time. Like that you can try out your custom flash to see if you like it or need to make changes. I love that this product has unlimited possibilities for future expansion and features.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can have it plugged into the truck and computer at the same time. Like that you can try out your custom flash to see if you like it or need to make changes. I love that this product has unlimited possibilities for future expansion and features.
Do you know when custom tuning will be available? I'd love to have the throttle response more like "Tow" and tuning to accommodate exhaust, intake, and 93 Octane. "Performance" gets a little hairy when jumping into traffic or emergency maneuvers.

Users who are viewing this thread