5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griots Ceramic 3-In-1 Wax

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just crossed the four month mark from my initial application of the Griots 3 in 1 and I’ll say that the product is still working even after all this time. I did however do an additional application of the product today. While it hadn’t completely failed on any panel, it is certainly starting to break down and show signs that the product is weakening in multiple areas. I believe this is rated to be a 6 month ceramic wax and I would say that probably seems about right in a real world, daily driver setting. It may actually last longer than 6 months, and many claim that it does. I figured I might as well reapply so that I continue to get the full benefit from the product because I could see that it was working less effectively from when first applied. With that, I am still very impressed with the Griots and my original opinion is unchanged. For $20, this blows away any other comparable ceramic/semi ceramic wax spray that I have used. Will definitely keep a bottle in my detailing lineup.
Nice. Glad to see this seems to be holding up well. I picked up some of the Ceramic Speed Shine to see if that gives the 3-in-1 and longevity. Might also try the Ceramic wash and coat.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Just crossed the four month mark from my initial application of the Griots 3 in 1 and I’ll say that the product is still working even after all this time. I did however do an additional application of the product today. While it hadn’t completely failed on any panel, it is certainly starting to break down and show signs that the product is weakening in multiple areas. I believe this is rated to be a 6 month ceramic wax and I would say that probably seems about right in a real world, daily driver setting. It may actually last longer than 6 months, and many claim that it does. I figured I might as well reapply so that I continue to get the full benefit from the product because I could see that it was working less effectively from when first applied. With that, I am still very impressed with the Griots and my original opinion is unchanged. For $20, this blows away any other comparable ceramic/semi ceramic wax spray that I have used. Will definitely keep a bottle in my detailing lineup.
I would do a decon wash then put another coat on her. Get some iron remover and tar remover and follow the directions. then rewash and put the griots on.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would do a decon wash then put another coat on her. Get some iron remover and tar remover and follow the directions. then rewash and put the griots on.
Yeah, I was going to mention that In my follow up above, but it already started getting lengthy lol. I just did a standard wash and then reapplied but I agree that I should have done a full strip wash and decontamination before doing so. I’d like to see how that potentially changes the performance and longevity of the griots compared to taking the standard approach that I have. It’s great as is, but I can imagine how much better a proper wash and application would do. I still might go back and redo it for the hell of it, but if I don’t, it’ll definitely be done that way moving forward.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interested in hearing your experience if you do!
You bet.

I went ahead and picked up some of the Ceramic wash and coat, as well as the ceramic glass cleaner to try out over the Griot's glass sealant.

tdog65

Reaction score
Count me one as well as satisfied user of 3 in 1 Griots. After reading the reviews here I did this weekend on my new to me 202 ram limited. I have the pearl white and wow how that color pops now. I use this truck for work and drove down to Nashville Tn for work and literally after doing this 4 days ago and driving it over 500 miles it looks like I just pulled it out of the garage. Even if I have to redo this every few months it was super easy to put on . Be curios to hear how the glass ceramic works as well.

Nova90

Reaction score
What do you all end up doing with your microfiber towels after application? I've heard you should toss them (or use them for other cleanup duties except for paint) since there will be ceramic bits embedded in them.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all end up doing with your microfiber towels after application? I've heard you should toss them (or use them for other cleanup duties except for paint) since there will be ceramic bits embedded in them.
I soaked and washed them in Rags to Riches, then moved them down to engine bay and wheel duty.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Similar for me, but I do admit I have reused towels after washing them. Might sound overkill to many but my towels have specific use. So the towels I applied the 3 in 1 with will never be used for anything else paint related. Same goes for my drying towels, quick detailer towels, etc. (They are also washed separately from each other). After a few uses I then repurpose them for the dirtier jobs like wheels and engine bays. A lot of the microfiber washes like rags to riches are no gimmick. They really do work well. I even like the Chemical guys microfiber wash honestly. I came across a post in another automotive forum where a guy reused towels frequently and never designated towels to specific jobs. Long story short, he updated his post several months later with a photo showing a nasty scratch that was deep in the black paint of his newer model corvette. He said he learned his lesson the hard way by using contaminated towels. He said he felt and heard the scratch as it happened lol. That’s something I never want to experience haha. I can’t afford to toss mine after every use, but I definitely don’t try and push my luck either.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yep i have designated towels also, exterior, and door jam towels, wheel towels, quick detailer towels, and cleanup towels.

As they get dirty and older, they just get demoted, and end up in the rag bin for oil messes before being thrown out.

The towels used to apply and remove the ceramic coat get thrown away though. since they do have hard spots in them, and they stop absorbing anything.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interested in hearing your experience if you do!
Well, I'm a fan of the Griot's Ceramic Wash and Coat. Almost no water on the vertical panels and the horizontal panels took significantly less time with the Metro Vac. Finished it off with the Ceramic Speed Shine. Didn't get to the glass as I ran out of time, but tomorrow I'll be claying and polishing the glass and applying the Griot's Glass Sealant. After that, I'm going to clean and maintain it with Ceramic Glass Cleaner.

I'm going to use the entire line of Griot's Ceramic products to see how they hold up.

PXL_20220221_231321800.jpg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm a fan of the Griot's Ceramic Wash and Coat. Almost no water on the vertical panels and the horizontal panels took significantly less time with the Metro Vac. Finished it off with the Ceramic Speed Shine. Didn't get to the glass as I ran out of time, but tomorrow I'll be claying and polishing the glass and applying the Griot's Glass Sealant. After that, I'm going to clean and maintain it with Ceramic Glass Cleaner.

I'm going to use the entire line of Griot's Ceramic products to see how they hold up.

View attachment 121298
Awesome! I'm still burning through everything that I have remaining in the garage, but I might look into more Griots products when it is time to reload. I buy a lot of my detailing stuff in the gallon containers so I've got some time still before I'll be be ready to go shopping. Keep us updated! Eager to hear how everything matches up against comparable products. How'd the glass process work out for you?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm still burning through everything that I have remaining in the garage, but I might look into more Griots products when it is time to reload. I buy a lot of my detailing stuff in the gallon containers so I've got some time still before I'll be be ready to go shopping. Keep us updated! Eager to hear how everything matches up against comparable products. How'd the glass process work out for you?
I'm the same. Autogeek was running 25% off for the holiday, so grabbed a gallon each of the Ceramic Speed Shine and the 3-in-1, plus a 4 liter of GYEON Wet Coat and IronX. Also grabbed another round of Rag Company goodies.

Wasn't able to get to the glass this morning. Couple meetings popped up and Slack decided to go down. Hopefully this afternoon.

Last edited:

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Used it on my Z over the weekend, will do my truck soon. Also used a Griots synthetic clay bar. Entire process only took about 90 minutes (car was already washed), but to be fair the car is the size of a wheelbarrow

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Bet it only took 3 sprays to do the entire car! Lol just messing with ya man, beautiful ride! One of my buddies had one of those for awhile. Fun little cars for sure!
Thanks man. Wanted one since the early 90s TT 300Z, when they came out with the 350 (and eventually the 370) I had to have one. Basically took me almost 30 years to get it, and the poor thing never gets used!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At a state campground and got some pine sap on the paint. Wiped right off with some Ceramic Speed Shine.

Still very impressed with this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread