5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griots Ceramic 3-In-1 Wax

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys!

Think I'm going to claybar the truck, use some liquid wax for a base layer and then just use the spray ceramic stuff after washes to keep the wax touched up. Maybe every 6 months do a new liquid coat?
Sounds okay to me!

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Learn from my mistake: do NOT use Speed Shine as the clay bar lubricant! I did yesterday, as suggested on the Griots website, and it left streaks and spots over the entire truck. I was able to go over the truck with Ceramic 3-in-1 wax, but it took a lot of elbow grease to buff out the streaks.

Next time I clay, I'll be using regular wash.

dbark

Reaction score
Learn from my mistake: do NOT use Speed Shine as the clay bar lubricant! I did yesterday, as suggested on the Griots website, and it left streaks and spots over the entire truck. I was able to go over the truck with Ceramic 3-in-1 wax, but it took a lot of elbow grease to buff out the streaks.

Strange, I've done that many times with no problems.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Just picked this up. Will be a stop gap between now and when I can do a real DIY ceramic. Excited to see how this worked based on the glowing reviews.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Strange, I've done that many times with no problems.
Do you clay small sections and then rinse? I usually wash, clay, then rinse the entire car. That's what I did this tie, using the Speed Shine as the lubricant, while the Ceramic Wash was still on the car. Maybe that's what I did wrong?

dbark

Reaction score
Do you clay small sections and then rinse? I usually wash, clay, then rinse the entire car. That's what I did this tie, using the Speed Shine as the lubricant, while the Ceramic Wash was still on the car. Maybe that's what I did wrong?
I rinse the wash off before clay

834k3r

Reaction score

I've always used Speed Shine as the clay bar lubricant, and never had an issue.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

If it’s leaving marks that means you’re not using enough.

I generally used cheap mothers quick detailer as clay bar lube, since you’re pretty much waisting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I guess I'll rinse next time before claying. With my usual Zaino, I've never needed to do that, so I didn't think to add that step.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just figured I'd provide an update on the Griots. It has been a little over a month since I washed the truck and applied this product. It was long overdue for a cleaning so I dedicated my Saturday morning to getting it cleaned back up. The hydrophobic properties and water beading tendencies are still incredible. The truck is my daily driver, is not garage kept (will no longer fit lol), and has seen probably a half dozen rain storms or afternoon showers since I've applied the Griots. The product reacted almost exactly the same as how it did right after I first applied it. However, the passenger side fender seemed to be the only area that I noticed inconsistency. The product appeared to be pretty weak in that area. I'm not sure if this was an application error on my part, or if the Griots failed on that panel for whatever reason. But once again, that was the only spot on the entire truck that I noticed a change in performance. I reapplied to that fender and will continue to monitor the entire truck moving forward.

Now to the really impressive part. Others in this chain have mentioned how well it repels contaminants and how easy this product makes it to keep your vehicle clean. After 1 month in, I see that statement to be completely true. From driving in several rain storms over the last month, My tires had slung dirt and debris all down the lower sides of my truck. I always pre-rinse my vehicles before hand washing or using any soap. To my surprise, nearly all of the grime came off during my initial rinse! It all ran right off the truck leaving behind almost completely spotless panels. I had no difficult sections during the wash. What little dirt that remained from the pre-rinse came right off once I broke out the soap. I also noticed that drying the vehicle was considerably easier than usual due to the product shedding water so well. I typically have to use two drying towels on the truck and I was actually able to get by with only using one. I wish I had some pictures or a video to back up my claim but I didn't think about it until well afterwards. I will continue to update my experience with this if I find anything worth mentioning but at this point it is still a 5 out of 5 for me.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Takes the #1 spot in one of the categories in this video.
Awesome. I hadn’t seen that video yet. I’ve watched his channel quite a few times. Obsessed Garage, as well as his channel is what got me on the Beadmaker kick originally. But yeah, as far as the griots goes, super impressed with it and think it’s deserving of the #1 spot. It’s been a really great product so far and I’ve yet to find something with a better bang for your buck.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Awesome. I hadn’t seen that video yet. I’ve watched his channel quite a few times. Obsessed Garage, as well as his channel is what got me on the Beadmaker kick originally. But yeah, as far as the griots goes, super impressed with it and think it’s deserving of the #1 spot. It’s been a really great product so far and I’ve yet to find something with a better bang for your buck.
I've used it in the past, the result you will get with it depends completely on what prep you do before the first coat.

Brando1500

Reaction score
Griots 3 in 1. Very awesome product. Prep work was wash, dawn wash, iron remover, claybar then apply. Waited the 12 to 24 hours then applied second coat. Product has been outstanding in the upcoming month I've had it applied and looks great.

Attachments

• 20211125_104521.jpg
    20211125_104521.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211125_160123.jpg
    20211125_160123.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211125_163714.jpg
    20211125_163714.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20211125_104505.jpg
    20211125_104505.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 48

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked some of this up to use on my new truck. Anyone use this on the glass? Couldn't really find anything definitive one way or the other on whether you can.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Picked some of this up to use on my new truck. Anyone use this on the glass? Couldn't really find anything definitive one way or the other on whether you can.
Ceramic coatings are great for glass however make sure you buff it off more or you will create distortion in the glass. The more you buff off in different directions the more level the coating will be when it comes to applying on glass

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have used it on the glass and it does work, but I’ve found it’s not as effective as P&S Beadmaker. Very similar products overall, but for whatever reason the Beadmaker seems that it sheds water better than the Griots in my experience. But the simple answer to your question is yes it can be used on the glass.
Ceramic coatings are great for glass however make sure you buff it off more or you will create distortion in the glass. The more you buff off in different directions the more level the coating will be when it comes to applying on glass
Agreed. I also find that these products can make the glass haze up more than usual the first few days after applying it, but it works well nonetheless.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I have used it on the glass and it does work, but I’ve found it’s not as effective as P&S Beadmaker. Very similar products overall, but for whatever reason the Beadmaker seems that it sheds water better than the Griots in my experience. But the simple answer to your question is yes it can be used on the glass.

Agreed. I also find that these products can make the glass haze up more than usual the first few days after applying it, but it works well nonetheless.
Yeah anything you put on the glass will fog until it's fully cured.

Beedmaker has one fatal flaw I find. It attracts dust horribly. I heard they came out with a new product that fixes that but until I get some reviews I'll stick with xtream solutions topper.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback. Mostly was wondering how careful I need to be with it lol. Think I'll probably go nuts with it and see how it does.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just crossed the four month mark from my initial application of the Griots 3 in 1 and I’ll say that the product is still working even after all this time. I did however do an additional application of the product today. While it hadn’t completely failed on any panel, it is certainly starting to break down and show signs that the product is weakening in multiple areas. I believe this is rated to be a 6 month ceramic wax and I would say that probably seems about right in a real world, daily driver setting. It may actually last longer than 6 months, and many claim that it does. I figured I might as well reapply so that I continue to get the full benefit from the product because I could see that it was working less effectively from when first applied. With that, I am still very impressed with the Griots and my original opinion is unchanged. For $20, this blows away any other comparable ceramic/semi ceramic wax spray that I have used. Will definitely keep a bottle in my detailing lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread