5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding Sound and Vibration Through Steering Column

Eminclake

Reaction score
Posting this in case others encounter this issue.
I took my 2021 1500 Limited, 33,000 miles, to the dealer (again) because of a grinding sound I sometimes felt and heard when making a hard right turn, like when slowing and turning to then backup. It happened about 25% of the time.

This time the dealer updated the truck's software. Apparently there's a known issue with the software that causes the electronic steering to do stuff it's not supposed to do. I figured they were doing something with the software when I got notifications from Sirius and AT&T about new service available to me.

Hopefully the third time's a charm. Each of the previous two visits in the last couple of years they replaced hardware. (I posted about those somewhere.) Anyhow, the warranty's about done, so I'm trusting this was it.

Atlec

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and they did a software update. Never heard the noise again.

Users who are viewing this thread