5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill Modification

JeffIL

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM Built to Serve edition in Spitfire Orange that had the blacked out upper grill, blacked out front grill, and blacked out bumpers. For my own personal taste it was too much black.

I decided to purchase a replacement upper grill and front grill border piece and have them painted to match the spitfire orange.

I put away the pieces I took off in case I ever want to return it to the stock Built To Serve edition look.

I also replaced the wheels and tires with Fuel Blitz wheels and larger tires. I was not a fan of the smaller tires that seem to come on the RAM trucks now.

The install of the grill parts was pretty straight forward. It just took some (or maybe more than some) patience to work with the fender flares and the front fender pieces that have to come off in order to get access to the grill bolts. The upper grill piece and engine cover are super easy to deal with.

This might not be for everyone... but I am happy with how it turned out... and it is my truck :)
RAMTruck-1.jpg RAMTruck-5.jpg RAMTruck-9.jpg RAMTruck-15.jpg

WolfcatVader

Reaction score
I like it better. Second on the tow hooks, paint them the same!

Switch22

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM Built to Serve edition in Spitfire Orange that had the blacked out upper grill, blacked out front grill, and blacked out bumpers. For my own personal taste it was too much black.

I decided to purchase a replacement upper grill and front grill border piece and have them painted to match the spitfire orange.

I put away the pieces I took off in case I ever want to return it to the stock Built To Serve edition look.

I also replaced the wheels and tires with Fuel Blitz wheels and larger tires. I was not a fan of the smaller tires that seem to come on the RAM trucks now.

The install of the grill parts was pretty straight forward. It just took some (or maybe more than some) patience to work with the fender flares and the front fender pieces that have to come off in order to get access to the grill bolts. The upper grill piece and engine cover are super easy to deal with.

This might not be for everyone... but I am happy with how it turned out... and it is my truck :)
View attachment 147720 View attachment 147721 View attachment 147722 View attachment 147723
Well done, dude. Looks sharp.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks great! Well done. This is actually very similar to what I'm wanting to do on mine. I really want to swap the slotted grill insert I have out with the Tradesman/BTS mesh style insert. I would keep the gloss black surround that is on mine now rather than the matte black finish that the mesh style generally come with. I just haven't been able to source a used one cheap enough for me to go through with it yet.

Really like how yours turned out and I love that orange! I've only come across one in person and it is such an awesome color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/