5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Texas!

jw38

Reaction score
My first post from Spring Branch, TX...just North of San Antonio and on Canyon Lake! I joined the forum after purchasing a 2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn. I traded a 2016 Laramie Longhorn that had been absolutely bulletproof for 35k miles. I'm absolutely loving my 2019 (with the exception of some minor quality issues) and I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first post from Spring Branch, TX...just North of San Antonio and on Canyon Lake! I joined the forum after purchasing a 2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn. I traded a 2016 Laramie Longhorn that had been absolutely bulletproof for 35k miles. I'm absolutely loving my 2019 (with the exception of some minor quality issues) and I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions.

Congratulations and Welcome! When you have a few minutes, please let us know (a) the truck's build date (month & year), and (b) the minor quality issues you've noticed. Enjoy the new rig!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d love to hear a review from you on the design changes across Longhorn generations. Many (myself included) feel the 2019 (interior, especially) is next-level. But I’m not a former Longhorn owner.

jw38

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome! When you have a few minutes, please let us know (a) the truck's build date (month & year), and (b) the minor quality issues you've noticed. Enjoy the new rig!

My truck has a build date of 07/18 and following are some of the minor issues I've experienced with it:

- Rough starting when cold. This only happens on the first start of the day, but the engine revs up, then sounds like it's going to die, then it revs up again...repeating this for about 15 seconds. After it settles down, it runs perfectly.
- The "tailgate open" warning appears about 50% of the time when I close the tailgate. If I slam it, I don't get the message. I've read on another forum that with repeated use, this issue will resolve itself.
- The passenger side outside mirror fails to fold and then open again when using this function. This has happened about 10 times and each time, I have to get out of the truck and either fold or open the mirror.
- I feel a significant vibration from what feels like the rear of the truck when driving between 50-60mph. It shakes the truck quite a bit and my wife also notices it when riding in the passenger seat. I plan to have the dealership rebalance the rear tires.

While I consider all of the above to be minor issue that I'm hopeful the dealership can fix, I'm somewhat concerned about the perceived lack of build quality of the truck. I absolutely love it and it's the most incredible truck I've ever owned, but for $66,000, FCA could do better.

Users who are viewing this thread