5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green high performance air filter

gomango392

Reaction score
Here is a full in depth video on the Green air filter-

So it's been over a week since I installed the Green air filter. So far so good. I bought this solely to see if it truly made a difference and to see if it was snake oil or not.

Things I want to note. Throttle response, noticeably better. MPG, a slight improvement. I'd say 1mpg maybe 1.5 gain. I did tow with it installed the other day and it was up about 3 mpg than where it normally is with the stock filter when i tow. I did end up removing the carbon filter and I didn't notice much difference either but less air restriction can't hurt, that's just science.

As far as more power, I do not feel a difference in power but for 60 bucks I think it's worth it, especially being washable and potentially lifetime lasting as long as you keep it maintained.

Attachments

• 20240613_162417.jpg
    20240613_162417.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 12

Gren71

Reaction score
Here is a full in depth video on the Green air filter-

So it's been over a week since I installed the Green air filter. So far so good. I bought this solely to see if it truly made a difference and to see if it was snake oil or not.

Things I want to note. Throttle response, noticeably better. MPG, a slight improvement. I'd say 1mpg maybe 1.5 gain. I did tow with it installed the other day and it was up about 3 mpg than where it normally is with the stock filter when i tow. I did end up removing the carbon filter and I didn't notice much difference either but less air restriction can't hurt, that's just science.

As far as more power, I do not feel a difference in power but for 60 bucks I think it's worth it, especially being washable and potentially lifetime lasting as long as you keep it maintained.
Their website says the filter is for a 3liter v6…doesn’t inspire confidence IMG_4021.png IMG_4022.png

Gren71

Reaction score
It's the same filter brotha, the 3.6 and 5.7 take the same filter, even oem
Neat, didn’t know that.

I went ahead and ordered one🤷‍♂️ I have a K&N drop in filter in the truck right now so I’m curious how they compare. I’ll throw it in once I get the truck back from the body shop.

gomango392

Reaction score
Neat, didn’t know that.

I went ahead and ordered one🤷‍♂️ I have a K&N drop in filter in the truck right now so I’m curious how they compare. I’ll throw it in once I get the truck back from the body shop.
Definitely report back! I've never ran a drop in filter till now so I'm curious if you notice any difference between the 2!

Oldphart

Reaction score
The only thing a different air filter is going to do is increase/decrease the airflow. The MAS will adjust the fuel accordingly. Color me skeptical. Changing driving style will have more effect.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Neat, didn’t know that.

You will see zero difference. The K&N already flows more air than the truck will need. And when cruising at steady speed, when most of your fuel economy is calculated, unless 100% city driving, the engine doesn't need a lot of airflow. If you ever monitor throttle position with a scan tools you will see less than 20% while cruising. And even running no filter at all won't effect cruising fuel economy.

Pretty much, unless you are doing full throttle acceleration all the time, there won't be any difference in performance or fuel economy. This is why it's been proven CAI make little to no difference in these trucks. The factory intake flows plenty for the engine.

gomango392

Reaction score
You will see zero difference. The K&N already flows more air than the truck will need. And when cruising at steady speed, when most of your fuel economy is calculated, unless 100% city driving, the engine doesn't need a lot of airflow. If you ever monitor throttle position with a scan tools you will see less than 20% while cruising. And even running no filter at all won't effect cruising fuel economy.

Pretty much, unless you are doing full throttle acceleration all the time, there won't be any difference in performance or fuel economy. This is why it's been proven CAI make little to no difference in these trucks. The factory intake flows plenty for the engine.
What's nice is it's 60 bucks and reusable vs an oem filter which is disposable and 40 bucks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's nice is it's 60 bucks and reusable vs an oem filter which is disposable and 40 bucks.
Yeah but he was going from a reusable K&N filter to another reusable filter. Both are oiled filters, probably the only real difference is the color of the oil used

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a can of MAS cleaner now. You are going to need it when the filter gets over-oiled and messes up the MAS. Same as with the K&N's.
What is a MAS sensor? If you mean MAF, Dodge/Ram has never used MAF sensors. They use speed density engine management

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The factory paper filter will allow all the airflow a stock engine demands under any condition. There is no way changing an air filter will improve MPG by 1 - 1.5 mpg.

gomango392

Reaction score
Buy a can of MAS cleaner now. You are going to need it when the filter gets over-oiled and messes up the MAS. Same as with the K&N'N's.
Ummm what MAS? I thunk you mean MAF, which the 5.7 does not have. These intakes don't have any sensors. Nothing to clean or get over oiled here 😄

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ummm what MAS? I thunk you mean MAF, which the 5.7 does not have. These intakes don't have any sensors. Nothing to clean or get over oiled here 😄
There is the IAT sensor, but that not effected by oil from a filter. And the MAP sensor, but the air doesn't flow through that to contaminate it.

gomango392

Reaction score
There is the IAT sensor, but that not effected by oil from a filter. And the MAP sensor, but the air doesn't flow through that to contaminate it.
Yep. The MAP mounted at the back of the intake manifold which is nowhere near the intake or the filter for that matter!

Users who are viewing this thread