5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great truck. Crap infotainment system.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of crap infotainment system... I went from multiple Jeeps and a 2020 Ram that all had Uconnect 4 8.4" systems in them. This Uconnect 5 8.4" system is not exciting me at all. In fact, I point blank don't like it. For one thing the screen is way too busy. Way too much going on. It's more distracting trying to find what I want. The auto climate control functions totally differently too. For example, this morning was a 75 degree morning so not really what you'd call hot, but the auto climate kept the fan speeds on high the entire 35 minute drive to work. In the past it would cool the cabin down and then relax the fan speed greatly. Looks like a lot of menus have also changed, and things are harder to locate. I don't know, I mean the resolution of the screen looks great but I'm just not a fan of UC5.
It's different. Haven't played with it myself, but really no different than when they release a new OS for phones and they change things. Other than the bugs they are still working out with the UC5, if it was the only interface you had ever dealt with, you probably wouldn't have the complaints about menus and trying to find things, because you wouldn't have a previous knowledge in a different system.

Users who are viewing this thread