5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great review of 2021 Limited Longhorn

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. I wanted to get a Longhorn but you can't get one without a chrome grille and badges so I went with a Limited Night Edition. It would also have been slightly more expensive if I had it optioned the same as my Limited.

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Good review, I agree with pretty much everything in there. Especially the quote about Chevy interior being outdated. They literally lost a sale because of that. I have only driven Chevy/GMC trucks for 22 years and just bought my first Ram last week. So far super impressed

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was a GM guy for 35 years, until I finally got fed up with what they were offering. Been driving Rams since 2015 now, and until GM gets it's act together I'll stay away from them. My current truck is my dream truck, and I plan to keep it for a long time.

I've been wanting to find a similar review for the Limited. Haven't had much time lately, but maybe I'll take some time this evening.

BNeal

Reaction score
That's a pretty glowing review. In my opinion, too glowing. I love my Limited, but the only thing he could find wrong was the price tag? And to tout the window-sticker estimated mileage as faithful tells me he only put a couple of miles on the truck. Again, I wouldn't trade my new Ram for anything, but I think that was anything but an unbiased review - whatever the motivation.

Just sayin'...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree that the fuel economy might have been exaggerated, but can you tell us why you think that was a biased review? I thought it was pretty spot-on.

Last edited:

BNeal

Reaction score
Most serious reviews will list the good as well as the bad - and often more bad than good. I just thought his review was a little too kind. But it was a good read, and I agree with all the good stuff! ;-)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most serious reviews will list the good as well as the bad - and often more bad than good. I just thought his review was a little too kind. But it was a good read, and I agree with all the good stuff! ;-)
While I may not agree with your assessment of this review, I appreciate that you responded to my question. (y)

I would agree that a good review should list the good and the bad, but I'm not sure what other "bad" you think they should have included. The review poked fun at the western theme of the interior (good or bad, depending on preference), mentioned the near absence of distinctive badging (again, good or bad), and the fact that the etorque system has little if any effect on fuel economy (bad). They also talked about the floaty ride (bad) and how it shudders over harsh bumps (bad). And to "Expect near-constant vigilance, lest an errant breeze send your fenders over the dashed white lines" (bad). Add what you mentioned about the cost, which was mentioned more than once. I guess they could have said something about the rambox lid fitment, but it's possible theirs didn't have an issue. Again, the review seemed fair and accurate to me. And aligns with what I've experienced myself in owning three different 5th gens.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Longhorn review that didn’t crush the backseat pocket holders for having belt buckles. Haha

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think most (secretly) think they’re a cool touch.
When I told my son I had ordered a Longhorn, the first thing he said was something along the line of, "They better come with the buckle on the seat backs." He's pleased they do (the first time either of us saw a Longhorn was at an auto show, in the 4th gens. I loved that truck, even while thinking the western theme was a bit overdone).

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get a lot of positive comments from first-time riders. Then again, I live in Texas :)

Overall I love the longhorn, just a few things are overdone on the western stuff for my taste. That being said I'm awaiting my second longhorn as we speak and can't wait to see it in person. Seems like we have 10 to 1 limiteds vs longhorns up here in the northeast, so it's nice to have something different too.

Users who are viewing this thread