5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great idea for an "accessory"... perhaps it already exists?

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
My Laramie is my first vehicle with this type of keyless entry and push-button start. Sure, the key fob has controls on it, but I find I don't use them at all. So what I'd really like is a "Ram Watch" that replaces the key fob (this might have something to do with me inevitably leaving the key fob in my "other" jacket, pants, etc... ("work" cloths vs around the house / weekends / evenings). A quick Google search revealed Apple Watch apps for some makes a few years ago similar to the Uconnect App, but it really didn't replace the key for starting purposes that I can see. If anyone knows if something is out there already please let me know, and if you think this is a great (or lousy) idea post up!

I have about 2200 miles on my fairly loaded Laramie at this point, only problem I've had is occasional random 12" screen flake-outs (calls reverting to my cell vs. hands free, changing from USB to FM for audio). So far it is a great truck and I can't believe more folks don't go for the ramboxes - they are great!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I believe @Batman has the mod where he can say "Start" in a low and cool voice from virtually anywhere.

Maybe he will chime in this thread with tips on where he got it from. Probably his Butler.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
My last post was a joke for the records. Thats all. Not a dig on you... ok now that its out of the way...

What your saying does sound cool, and I havent seen it anywhere either

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Laramie is my first vehicle with this type of keyless entry and push-button start. Sure, the key fob has controls on it, but I find I don't use them at all. So what I'd really like is a "Ram Watch" that replaces the key fob (this might have something to do with me inevitably leaving the key fob in my "other" jacket, pants, etc... ("work" cloths vs around the house / weekends / evenings). A quick Google search revealed Apple Watch apps for some makes a few years ago similar to the Uconnect App, but it really didn't replace the key for starting purposes that I can see. If anyone knows if something is out there already please let me know, and if you think this is a great (or lousy) idea post up!

I have about 2200 miles on my fairly loaded Laramie at this point, only problem I've had is occasional random 12" screen flake-outs (calls reverting to my cell vs. hands free, changing from USB to FM for audio). So far it is a great truck and I can't believe more folks don't go for the ramboxes - they are great!
Hmm...might take some testing, but you could possibly use the built-in iOS "VoiceOver" functionality (intended to assist the visually-impaired) to operate the app from your phone hands-free. But to do this on the Apple Watch, you'd need a UConnect app for that device.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
Jaguar/Land Rover makes an Activity Key wristband, and Tesla has an app for this as well as a credit card RFID you can use.

If FCA offers one for the Ram, I'm in

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I think the LR wristband just gets you in the car (of course, I could just lock my key in then I guess!).

Given my other 4wd is non-synchronous (double-clutch 1st and 2nd) and has a choke still, this keyless (without even using the keyfob) entry stuff is new to me, but I'm surprised they don't offer accessories that essentially replace the key, since it is no longer needed to physically interface with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread