5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gravel road

Champy

Reaction score
Anyone have comments about driving on gravel road with the air suspension equiped Ram?

I drove a F150 While going to my cabin and believe me, rear bed is going on a free ride!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had limited time on gravel, and I've approached it cautiously, but I think the air suspension absorbs it like a champ. I have the combo of air suspension and Off-Road Group, so I raise the truck and proceed at 20-25 mph. Of course, the Falkens grab some gravel...it helps to have splash guards, but PPF on the fender flares would probably be better.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have any problems with gravel , my last Rebel had the air ride and it did fine .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have any problems with gravel , my last Rebel had the air ride and it did fine .
^^This. My 2017 Rebel had air suspension and I had no more issues with gravel roads than I ever had with conventional suspensions. Granted, that was 4th gen tech. I've read that the air suspension was changed for the 5th gens but have seen no evidence to support that claim. I had more issue with the paint chips. I don't need to drive that road anymore so I have yet to take my current truck on gravel.

Champy

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments. I actually drive a SUV and i am switching to a pick-up truck.
I had the « chance » to drive a F150 on One of my weekends gravel road trip to my cabin (25 miles) and i was concern about leaving the pretty stable drive on the SUV to a pick-up truck.
But after i read that the new gen Ram is equiped with air suspension and that the ride is probably one of the smoothest of all full size pickup truck, i took the decision to jump into The pickup truck world.

Users who are viewing this thread