5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granite crystal metallic thread

Nels

Reaction score
Thanks! It's a 25' trailer (29' when you include the tongue) with a dry weight of over 5,822lbs and I do have a WDH/swaybar combo system...it's a must for a trailer that long with a 1/2 ton! I do have the stock (for Limiteds) airbag suspension which levels itself after the trailer is on the ball.

I love the tires! Not only do they look beefy, they are just as quiet as the stock tires and they handle great. Of course, being E-rated, they are a little stiffer, which helps with the minor sway I would feel when it was windy or when passing big rigs. Now I only feel some swaying during high winds.

Once your at freeway speeds, there won't be much different between the 3.21 and the 3.92 since both won't be using overdrive when towing. The 3.92 really shines when starting or at lower speeds tho.

Of course, my tires and the 3.92 both take a couple MPGs away from my daily commute...but the smiles per mile make it worth it. :)
I first pulled my trailer with a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had leveling shocks. They helped some with leveling. Sway wasn't too bad except I could really feel the big trucks passing. That's noticeably less with the Ram, but I do need the WDH and sway bar. For tires I've been going in circles from 275, 285, 295 - whatever width I choose I think I've settled on a 34 inch diameter so will choose the relative ratio. Then of course there's the choice of brands and treads, which provides an even broader array of choices. Sometimes I think I'm set on BFG KO2s, then I see something like your Coopers and start to reconsider...first world problems.

Gitter

Reaction score
I first pulled my trailer with a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had leveling shocks. They helped some with leveling. Sway wasn't too bad except I could really feel the big trucks passing. That's noticeably less with the Ram, but I do need the WDH and sway bar. For tires I've been going in circles from 275, 285, 295 - whatever width I choose I think I've settled on a 34 inch diameter so will choose the relative ratio. Then of course there's the choice of brands and treads, which provides an even broader array of choices. Sometimes I think I'm set on BFG KO2s, then I see something like your Coopers and start to reconsider...first world problems.

I was in the same boat as you! lol 34's are definitely the way to go but I wasn't sure on the width or even the brand. I was torn between these, the Nitto's or the new Toyo's. I went with 295 to get a slightly wider tire, but it also came down to what was available at that time. The new Toyo's were out everywhere and the Nitto's weren't in stock with the sizes I was looking at. I couldn't wait too long because I needed them on before I left for my trip (and I didn't want to wait to the last minute just in case I needed to bring it back to get rebalanced).

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you end up choosing!

Bizkit

Reaction score
painted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- 79% ceramic on the windshield
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)
- Vantrue S1 dash cam
- Skar dash and door speakers
how has your grill paint held up? I take it you painted over the chrome instead of buying paint-able pieces. I keep getting mixed reviews about shops not wanting to paint over chrome and others saying you can. Truck looks good by the way.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I am about to do the same thing, just waiting on the driver side hood badge to come in. Any tips on removing the badges? I hear the Ram head is a bit of a pain.
Yeah I’ve definitely learned some tricks doing this. I’ll just put everything down that I can think of that would help out.

1. Buy an eraser wheel! Doesn’t need to be a $35 3M one. A $10 one off amazon works fine but really cuts down on the amount of time spent removing the adhesive.
2. Heat gun and fishing line/floss to remove the emblems.
3. Tape off the perimeter of the badge so you know exactly where it needs to go. Also tape off the perimeter of the rams head as you’ll be prying it at times.
4. For the rams head remove the tailgate panel inside your bed and pull the top two clips off. Then heat the badge thoroughly and either pry it up or use fishing line.
5. To clean the paint up for the new badge use some goo gone or similar stuff, and some paint prep to remove all the oils after.
Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! The eraser wheel is a good idea. Already have the heat gun on standby.. I bought everything but I haven’t decided if I’m going to leave the tailgate badges off or not. Thanks again.

Nels

Reaction score
Thank you! The eraser wheel is a good idea. Already have the heat gun on standby.. I bought everything but I haven’t decided if I’m going to leave the tailgate badges off or not. Thanks again.
My truck is a 19. I'm also tempted to take the rear badging off. Do you think 2+ years of color fade might leave darker paint where the badges are currently?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is a 19. I'm also tempted to take the rear badging off. Do you think 2+ years of color fade might leave darker paint where the badges are currently?
I don’t think you’d have an issue. Only way I could see this is if you have heavy swirl marks from using automatic car washes.

barakutha

Reaction score
Haven't tinkered in a while, but saw her in this light today.
Couldn't be happier.. great truck, comfortable, no issues

24d92d6d8b6921cf6ef461a2d07d5fbd.png

- Vantrue S1 dash cam

Abesosa

Reaction score
Haven't tinkered in a while, but saw her in this light today.
Couldn't be happier.. great truck, comfortable, no issues

24d92d6d8b6921cf6ef461a2d07d5fbd.png

- Vantrue S1 dash cam

Did you buy new door handles? I don’t see chrome there.... also did you adresss the front chrome? I’m trying to figure out what to do with my the side door protector that’s chrome . I kinda don’t want to lose it. My wrap it

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

barakutha

Reaction score
Did you buy new door handles? I don’t see chrome there.... also did you adresss the front chrome? I’m trying to figure out what to do with my the side door protector that’s chrome . I kinda don’t want to lose it. My wrap it

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

I used plasti-dip for the handles. Had the grill painted

- Vantrue S1 dash cam

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't done too much to my truck lately beside add black mopar running boards and a license plate reverse light. Only chrome remaining on the truck are the wheels and exhaust tips.
1616427208515.png
1616427242409.png
1616427270123.png

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my Rebel. Mustache grille picture mandatory to match my mustache face.

Attachments

• mustache grille.jpeg
    mustache grille.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread