5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gracenote not working?

dieseldork

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've noticed that when I put in a CD (old school... I know...), that I just get Track 1, Track 2, etc. On my 2012, it had the gracenote service, and would pull up the names of the artist, songs, etc. I've fiddled around, but can't find any enable/disable functions. I can see on the unconnect site that there should be a gracenote database in my 8.4" unit, but it doesn't appear to work.

It's a minor gripe, but I'd like to know if it works for others or not.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does not work on mine as well Doesn't work in my 2018 Durango SRT either. I just get Track 1, Track 2. etc. :cry:

Gozar

Reaction score
It does not work on mine as well Doesn't work in my 2018 Durango SRT either. I just get Track 1, Track 2. etc. :cry:
Not working for me either, I may make a copy of the CD on my computer and add the metadata, that usually works.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about a CD that your burned MP3s on to, or a regular CD?

I now only have one CD in my collection (I went to see Sammy Hagar and the ticket included a free copy of his latest album), and when I play it in my truck it displays the track titles...

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, mine works. Maybe it depends on the CD though. I also have the base, 6 speaker system.

Gozar

Reaction score
Yeah, mine works. Maybe it depends on the CD though. I also have the base, 6 speaker system.
I also have the base 6 speaker system but so far no CDs have displayed any info. I can force it by burning a copy, and the SW will add all the data, but it should work via Gracenote.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking it may depend on how old the CDs are. I haven't bought a CD in years. I assume they're still sold??? Perhaps newer one have gracenotes.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One more thing: I did have my radio updated to the latest software version at the dealer back in March. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One more thing: I did have my radio updated to the latest software version at the dealer back in March. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...

That's interesting. My radio has not been updated.

Gozar

Reaction score
Gracenote is a service that actually finds the information from the music - it compares what you are playing to its own database and then assigns the data - artist, album, track names, etc. CDs are created with metadata embedded which is read by the CD player and simply displayed. The CDs I have tried are all pretty new releases so it appears either the CD is missing the metadata and Gracenote is not working to find a matcho the player cant read the data. I was told by a service adviser (when I stopped by due to losing all audio) that there is a huge radio update coming very soon - over the air to your Uconnect system, not the SW download that requires a USB drive.We will see what is does or fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread