5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS syncing through USB cable

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Here is an interesting issue. My daughter in law told me that I speed and I assured her that I do not. I did change my tires to an 8 ply Michelin when I purchased the truck and had to buy a one size larger. Should not have affected the speedometer by more than one mph. I checked it with an app on my phone and there was no discernable difference. After she made the comment I went and checked it again. The app showed that I was traveling 75 mph when the truck said I was going 70. Though that was odd and I noticed my phone was getting low on battery so I plugged it into the USB cord that I have. Immediately the speed on the app showed the same as the one on my dash. I tried two other apps and they behaved the same. 5 mph faster when not plugged in and synced with the truck when connected to the USB cable. I guess when I checked it several months ago my phone was connected via USB.

I cannot imagine why this kind of data is being shared. What other systems are skewed? Do I have some setting wrong?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Coincidence. I would def try a different phone, as it seems to be the one not working correctly.

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Coincidence. I would def try a different phone, as it seems to be the one not working correctly.

I don't see this as a problem with the phone. Why would that kind of data be in the USB cable. I challenge someone else with an iPhone to try theirs.

Dave07

Reaction score
I think the system does feed my phone information. I was running the truck low on fuel the other day while having my phone connected via cable. Every time I got out of my truck there was an apple map pop up saying “low on fuel” and wanted me to open the app to find a gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread