5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS speed limit less accurate on 2021 vs 2019

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
After buying my 2021 limited I immediately noticed that the gps speed limit is off on some of the same streets that my 2019 limited was correct on with the biggest gaps being 55 mph and the gps reading 25mph. Both truck are limited models with the 12" screen. I wish I could find a way to update the correct speed limit on my gps.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure if the speed limit through the NAV is camera based or GPS based. I'm thinking GPS Based, because certain streets just use the last road's speed limit. Fancier German cars use camera based systems that physically read road signs and update your Cluster, HUD, and NAV.

KCViper

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure if the speed limit through the NAV is camera based or GPS based. I'm thinking GPS Based, because certain streets just use the last road's speed limit. Fancier German cars use camera based systems that physically read road signs and update your Cluster, HUD, and NAV.
Absolutely correct! I'm pretty sure our trucks are GPS based as my Porsche 911 is camera based and is 100% always spot on and changes instantly based on the road signs.....truck does not!!

Users who are viewing this thread