5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS says I'm in Mexico... But I'm in Austin Texas.

Segachaos

Reaction score
Super frustrated, my GPS is 100% inoperable.
It's saying I'm in a different location than where I am, these problems started when we I took my 2019 1500 Dodge ram limited back for a recall.

Got it back it was completely not working. I ran some diagnostics on it, the dealership where I bought it said they only sell dodges and fix them but in no other way was affiliated with Dodge... Nor do they stand by their product, Dodge apparently let them know set this is a known problem with the vehicles and they're working on a solution however they do not have one yet.

Send meanwhile I'm driving around my 2019 clunker that I've been mistakenly bought because it has a useless screen that I spent way to much money on.

Anyone else having this problem because I am extremely bitter

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's saying I'm in a different location than where I am, these problems started when we I took my 2019 1500 Dodge ram limited back for a recall.

Got it back it was completely not working. I ran some diagnostics on it, the dealership where I bought it said they only sell dodges and fix them but in no other way was affiliated with Dodge... Nor do they stand by their product, Dodge apparently let them know set this is a known problem with the vehicles and they're working on a solution however they do not have one yet.

Send meanwhile I'm driving around my 2019 clunker that I've been mistakenly bought because it has a useless screen that I spent way to much money on.

There have been a few reported problems with GPS calibration. It could be a myriad of issues causing it from the uconnect software to hardware (including the sharkfin antenna). I'd recommend PMing @ramscare and see if they can assist you. I hope you can get the problem corrected soon!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Well, what part of Austin are you in? lol

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

close enough

hemiguy37

Reaction score
Update they had to replace radio.
There was no fix.
Just out of curiosity, when you back up, does the radio screen turn of after the backup camera goes off, requiring you to turn the radio off an on again to have the screen show up? I know this sounds unrelated, but I have the issue you describe and it only does it while this issue happens. When the radio is working fine and I back up and the screen goes back to the normal radio (on its own), the nav is fine. I think it has more to do with the power reserve and programming than anything else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread