5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS Issue?

Kevinch

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie, 8.4 UConnect 4 System (no navigation or connect). It seems my GPS has stopped working. If I go into the Apps screen, & select "Compass", the screen that comes up says "Acquiring Signal" - but it never does. The small compass in the EVIC cluster is just an empty circle with the red arrow pointing straight up & the (--) inside it. I tried driving in tight circles, both clockwise & counterclockwise in 2 different parking lots without any change.

Also, the clock doesn't seem to work correctly. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while (probably 45 minutes or so), & when I connected it up the clock read 12:00 (actual time was 1:45PM). I set it manually; a little later I found out I could set the clock at anytime & when I reselected setting it to the GPS time, the time didn't change.

FWIW, if it makes any difference my SXM reception is good, & in Android Auto Google Maps & Waze work perfectly.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reset it? Or - where & what color are the GPS connections so I can check & make sure they are tight?

Any help is appreciated - thanks.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie, 8.4 UConnect 4 System (no navigation or connect). It seems my GPS has stopped working. If I go into the Apps screen, & select "Compass", the screen that comes up says "Acquiring Signal" - but it never does. The small compass in the EVIC cluster is just an empty circle with the red arrow pointing straight up & the (--) inside it. I tried driving in tight circles, both clockwise & counterclockwise in 2 different parking lots without any change.

Also, the clock doesn't seem to work correctly. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while (probably 45 minutes or so), & when I connected it up the clock read 12:00 (actual time was 1:45PM). I set it manually; a little later I found out I could set the clock at anytime & when I reselected setting it to the GPS time, the time didn't change.

FWIW, if it makes any difference my SXM reception is good, & in Android Auto Google Maps & Waze work perfectly.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reset it? Or - where & what color are the GPS connections so I can check & make sure they are tight?

Any help is appreciated - thanks.
Kevinch,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread