5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gps antenna fuse location

tpartain

Reaction score
My gps stopped working thus the nav is not working too. Does anyone know the location of the fuse for the gps?

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw no designation on the fuse box detail in the manual for GPS or antenna.

tpartain

Reaction score
I looked too and could find a location. Anyone else have any ideas on why the gps stopped working?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's no fuse per se for the GPS. The navigation feature is part of the radio and relies on signals captured by the Combination Antenna (shark fin). The system description in the DT manual indicates that the Body Control Module (BCM) supplies CAN Bus signals to the GPS feature for operation of the Dead Reckoning portion of the GPS.

The first question is, do all of the other features of the radio and screen interface work properly? If they do, it looks like the BCM and antenna could be at fault. In any event I think your issue will require dealer tech. diagnostics.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042595 miles.

tpartain

Reaction score
Dusty
Thanks for the informed reply. I will take a look t the shark fin first and head to the dealer.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the keyless remote work at least 150 feet away? I believe that it also goes through the shark fin so if that works the antenna is probably working..

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the keyless remote work at least 150 feet away? I believe that it also goes through the shark fin so if that works the antenna is probably working..
Actually, the shark fin antenna is not used for keyless remote. The FOB signals are picked up by five strategically placed low frequency antennas: one at the rear of the vehicle behind rear bumper, one in each rear door, and two in the interior headliner (front and rear).

The shark fin is utilized for AM, FM, navigation (GPS), and satellite radio only.

If your wondering, one of the two cell phone antennas are located in the center of the instrument panel behind the radio.

The Bluetooth/WIFI antenna is located behind the lower glove box.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042660 miles.

tpartain

Reaction score
AM FM and satellite radio are all working. I'll pull the third tail light off tonight and check the connection.

Avalanchez

Reaction score
Did u figure out where the GPS antenna was, or figure out the GPS issue I having some issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread