5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the word today!

Eric2022

Reaction score
Hi everyone I don’t know if this is a record or not but I placed the order for my 2022 Limited Night Edition, Level 1, panoramic roof, multifunction tailgate, 33 gallon tank, etc, on
February 16th and today the dealer told me the truck was in KZP status which is shipping so the truck went from order day to shipping in a total of 16 days. This is very exciting needless to say but any thoughts on the incredibly fast turnaround as in has anyone heard of this and what are the times others have seen? Thank you all so much and I’m hoping for a speedy build for all of you. Thank You!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! I just placed my order today for close to the same build as yourself - 22 Limited Pearl White Night Edition with a lot of options. I was told anywhere between 1-3 months for 1500 builds except the TRX which could be 6 months to a year even & I can’t wait that long due to the amount of miles I drive for work (55k on my 2021 already) nor do I want to part with a much larger down payment to make it affordable. I’ve been searching dealers all across the country for the last 4-6 months across multiple brands. Any standard Ford truck build is 6-8 months out with anywhere between 5k-15k markup from build price on Raptor & also told the Ranger Raptor will be getting the same markups when released. GM has a long lead time as well & I was only interested in SuperCruise tech - Silverado’s are still just so hideous & that tech only comes in the Denali trim for GMC at 80k+. Newly designed Tundra was slow & clunky to me & felt cheap on the inside & the hybrid electric engines not available until summer at least, so nothing to test drive before ordering. Also test drove some things just for fun to see what it was like - Honda Ridgeline dare I say was better than the Tundra, Civic Si & Civic Type R (I plan on selling a 99 Trans Am & possibly my built Jeep Cherokee XJ for the Type R). But Ram was also the only manufacturer to offer discounts right off the bat & good ones at that. I narrowed it down to 2 Ram dealers & ended up ordering with the one nearby - Dave Sinclair in Pacific, MO. Free lifetime powertrain warranty & automatically knocked $7500 off the build price we signed off on plus will give any additional rebates at the time of trade or delivery or could still possibly offer 0% interest even though it technically expired Feb. 28. Bought my 21 Laramie with a lot of Limited options new from the dealer but this is my first time ever building & purchasing a vehicle & really glad I went with Ram & the dealer close to me. After trying all the different manufacturers, it seems Ram is the only one that cares about getting new business as well as retaining existing customers & that’s important to me. Honda has been great too, but I’ll wait a year or two before picking up the 2023 Type R anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread